Storyist Forums

Procrastination Station

Steve E

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heheh, thanks Thoth. Everything we own fits into our car and a corner in our friend's dining room right now though, so I don't think we'll have an issue. :D

Ah, those were the days.

I have an entire room, with it's own closet, dedicated to being a closet.

I really need to throw some stuff out.

Hmm. Maybe e-bay?

"One man's crap is another man's fertilizer." - Anonymous.

-Thoth.

• 4 weeks later...
Ahem. Man, it's quiet in here.

Drawing, not writing... oops...

- Calli

In't it, though? Drawing is good. Gets the creative juices flowing, right? :)

Keep up that word count!

Best (and envious, being stuck behind a roaring locomotive of work when I'd rather be writing),

M

Yep. It's very quiet.

I just noticed that Callista has changed her location to "Dover, NH". I guess you must be staying then.

And Marguerite is one post away from that elusive 600 mark. Way to go M.

Okay, I just wanted to inject some harmony into our collective forum song.

-Thoth.

Yep. It's very quiet.

I just noticed that Callista has changed her location to "Dover, NH". I guess you must be staying then.

And Marguerite is one post away from that elusive 600 mark. Way to go M.

Okay, I just wanted to inject some harmony into our collective forum song.

-Thoth.

Ooh, so I am! I hadn't noticed! Thanks, Thoth.

And now I'm over the threshold and working on my next 100.

Chocolate chip overmuffins all round. :)

Best,

M

Marguerite, I just rushed over to Announcements to place a Milestone for you. Way to go.

Calli, is that pouty-lipped, ruddy-cheeked blonde you, or a snow-loving alter-ego? Your 'Shire persona?

BTW, I understand writer Lisa Crystal Carver (AKA Lisa Suckdog, very big in NYC in the 90s) lives in Dover. Any other famous writers in your neck of the woods?

Ordering some chocolate banana bread from the local bakery for quick delivery,

-Thoth.

Sadly, no, I had no bearing on what she looks like. :) Actually, if her hair was brown, that's my hair. But that's about it.

I know no one here! I've even gone so far as to join a knitting class in an effort to meet people.

Have I ever mentioned that I have no idea how to knit?

- Calli

I know no one here! I've even gone so far as to join a knitting class in an effort to meet people.

Have I ever mentioned that I have no idea how to knit?

I had no idea? Have I ever mentioned that I don't know how to Polka? Perhaps you should have joined a cooking class. You could have wowed them with your chocolate banana bread. That said, remember that making connections takes time. Start with your neighbors. Offer them some banana bread. Display your art. In time they will discover what a gem you truly are. Unless, of course, Dover is one of those "church communities". In which case you're probably s--t out of luck. Sorry.

Suffocating under the weight of far more friends than I need,

-Thoth.

There is an art exhibit at the library...

There you go. Show the 'Shire what West Coast art is all about. Paint the white cliffs of Dover...um...fuchsia.

Plotting, and still not writing...

Don't let the NaNo Police hear you!

-Thoth

• 2 weeks later...
BTW: Thoth (Djehuti to the ancient Egyptians) was not only the "Lord of Justice" (read arbitration) but also writing, magic and science. Too much?-Thoth.

Well, it doesn't lend itself to a quick salutation, does it? Makes me think of the line from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (one of my favorite holiday traditions), where Imogene first hears the full list of titles attached to the Christ Child--Prince of Peace, Mighty Counsellor, etc.--and announces, "Gee, it's a wonder he ever got out of the first grade if he had to write all that!" :D

So, Djehuti, Lord of Justice, Writing, Magic, and Science, don't those divine typing fingers get tired? :D

Best,

Marguerite

Well, it doesn't lend itself to a quick salutation, does it?

I'd settle for a quick, Hail Thoth.

Makes me think of the line from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (one of my favorite holiday traditions), where Imogene first hears the full list of titles attached to the Christ Child--Prince of Peace, Mighty Counsellor, etc.--and announces, "Gee, it's a wonder he ever got out of the first grade if he had to write all that!" :D

Imogene Herdman: I'm going to be Mary in the Christmas play. And if you try to be, or raise your arm, you'll wish you didn't.

Alice Wendlekin: I'm always Mary in the Christmas play.

Imogene Herdman: Go ahead then. And next spring when the pussy-willows come out, I'm going to stick a pussy-willow so far down your ear where nobody can reach it. And it'll sit there and grow and grow and grow so for the rest of your life, there'll be a pussy-willow bush growing out of your ear.

Ah, Christmas. It brings out the best in all of us.

So, Djehuti, Lord of Justice, Writing, Magic, and Science, don't those divine typing fingers get tired? :D

Frequently.

Hail Lady Marguerite, Penultimate Forum Poster (we don't count Steve), Mistress of the Russian Historical, Evil Alien Overlady in Training.

-Thoth.

Hail Lady Marguerite, Penultimate Forum Poster (we don't count Steve), Mistress if the Russian Historical, Evil Alien Overlady in Training.

-Thoth.

Aw, thanks. :D

"We don't count Steve"?! And you wonder why your bookmarks are taking so long? :D

Hail, hail, all hail Thoth/Djehuti, Lord of ... but I repeat myself!

M

• 2 months later...

@ Isaac - Heheh, sorry. Here, have a napkin. :)

@ Thoth - I couldn't think of anything else!

@ Marguerite - I'm hiding in the 'Shire!

Truth be told, I broke my chair and can't manage to fix it. Makes sitting at the computer for long stretches of time painful. I'm almost done editing, but it's slow. I'm pretty good at cutting out large swashes of what I wrote and not so good at filling in the blanks left by frantic "get the story on the page" typing. I'm doing puzzles and learning knitting. And baking. Trying to stay warm.

How is everyone else? What are the projects you're all working on?

@ Isaac - Heheh, sorry. Here, have a napkin. :)

@ Thoth - I couldn't think of anything else!

@ Marguerite - I'm hiding in the 'Shire!

Truth be told, I broke my chair and can't manage to fix it. Makes sitting at the computer for long stretches of time painful. I'm almost done editing, but it's slow. I'm pretty good at cutting out large swashes of what I wrote and not so good at filling in the blanks left by frantic "get the story on the page" typing. I'm doing puzzles and learning knitting. And baking. Trying to stay warm.

How is everyone else? What are the projects you're all working on?

I just completed my third round of revisions on the first half of "Golden Lynx" and am desperately trying to figure out what effect the changes I introduced are going to have on the rest of my plot (now that I have a plot :)).

I stare into the crystal ball and see ... many long days of rewriting. And numerous visits to Procrastination Station, no doubt.

Bad news about the chair. Comfy ergonomic seating is essential for typing!

Are you baking overmuffins? We EAOs need a steady supply. :)

Best,

M

Archived