Storyist Forums

When I opened up the storyist file I had worked on the night before, all the work I had done that day was missing. I had saved my work as I went along but the file indicates that the last modification was done on April 20, at 7:13 pm.

When I finished work last night (April 22) I saved the file. Closed it. Used finder to copy it and an excel file to a local USB drive where I had it make a copy instead of replace it. I then continued to an cloud storage site and pasted those files there. This time I let the copy program overwrite the files at that location.

It appears that I somehow used the file from April 20 when I did all of that. I had autosave configured to save every 20 minutes but there are no filename (Autosaved).story files in the folder. Also, when I go into Time Machine the file I was working on never changed even though Time Machine ran several times while I was working, nor did a autosave file appear.

I opened some of the backup files and the changes were not there.

I know I saved the work I did several times during the period. I made some changes to the sections sheets and arrangement and saved before and after making those changes.

I'm running Storyist 2.4.5, OSX 10.8.5, on an iMac.

Anybody got any idea what happened?

Archived