Storyist Forums

Script Frenzy 2008

Steve

The second annual running of the scripts, aka Script Frenzy, is taking place in April this year.

What is Script Frenzy? A quote from the site:

Script Frenzy is an international writing event in which participants attempt the daring feat of writing 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As part of a donation-funded nonprofit, Script Frenzy charges no fee to participate; there are also no valuable prizes awarded or "best" scripts singled out. Every writer who completes the goal of 100 pages is victorious and awe-inspiring and will receive a handsome Script Frenzy Winner's Certificate and web icon proclaiming this fact.

Even those who fall short of the word goal will be applauded for making a heroic attempt. Really, you have nothing to lose—except that nagging feeling that there's a script inside you that may never get out.

The event is sponsored by the folks behind National Novel Writing Month.

Are you in?

-Steve

The second annual running of the scripts, aka Script Frenzy, is taking place in April this year.

What is Script Frenzy? A quote from the site:

The event is sponsored by the folks behind National Novel Writing Month.

Are you in?

-Steve

Well, I'm challenged enough mastering the novel format. The thought of what I could do to a script is frightening. So unless I decide to adopt PJL's modus operandi and start with a script, I'm afraid not.

I'll be pulling for all the entrants, though!

Marguerite

The second annual running of the scripts, aka Script Frenzy, is taking place in April this year. Are you in?

As intriguing as this is I'm currently in the middle of a script so, no. I assume that submitting an already written script would be cheating.

Intrigued but ethical.

-Thoth.

I've got it, yes! I don't really know what the heck to do with it, but I suppose that'll come later.

True.

It's a kind of formatting tool for graphic novels. It works pretty well but you really need to have the story and art (photos, drawings, backgrounds, etc) done first. Don't worry about fitting words in a balloon or cropping artwork. Comic Life 1.4 gives you the tools you'll need. (Well, the tools I need. Cut & Paste from Storyist text works just fine but their graphic overlaying technology could stand some improvements.)

Have fun,

-Thoth.

Archived