Storyist Forums

The Vapour Trail of Scrivener for iOS

orrenm

Hi Orren,

Thanks for the link. I had heard from a couple of new customers that the iPad version wasn't going to be available for NaNoWriMo this year, but not that it wouldn't be out until 2015. The sync stuff is complex, and I'm glad they're taking the time to get it right.

-Steve

Especially since Scrivener for Mac seems to have problems with sync—either for real or in the way that TV ads for drugs mention every bizarre possibility. For example, I don't work from Scrivener docs stored on Dropbox as I now do with Storyist files, because the manual says that if the automated backup runs at the wrong time, some parts of the project may not be saved, which can corrupt your files.... Imagine the potential havoc that could create with an iPad and Windows!

Thanks for the link, Orren. The post was interesting to read.

Best,

M

There is a mind set lately, especially with mobile apps, that iterative design means half way doing it what you promised then putting the improvement process on the users (help us make it better!). It should have been completely functional out the door. i don't buy a car then have to call Ford or GM in order to get them to do improvements so that the car functions the way the advertised. IIRC that's referred to as a recall notice.

In any event at least they said something. That's better then nothing, which made it seem like it was forever. It was the lack of an iOS app (which I didn't realize how important it would be) was the reason I moved to Storyist. Will I move back? No idea. Right now I am happy.

Hi gbiolchini,

Welcome to the forums and to Storyist.

If you have questions or comments, please feel free to ask them here or at the support address (support at storyist dot com). I'd be interested in hearing about how the transition went, and what would have made it even easier.

-Steve

• 2 months later...

There is a mind set lately, especially with mobile apps, that iterative design means half way doing it what you promised then putting the improvement process on the users (help us make it better!). It should have been completely functional out the door. i don't buy a car then have to call Ford or GM in order to get them to do improvements so that the car functions the way the advertised. IIRC that's referred to as a recall notice.

In any event at least they said something. That's better then nothing, which made it seem like it was forever. It was the lack of an iOS app (which I didn't realize how important it would be) was the reason I moved to Storyist. Will I move back? No idea. Right now I am happy.

Same here. In fact, after testing Storyist for Mac and iOS during NaNoWriMo last year, I started using Storyist more and more due to how well both apps "just work" together.

Glad to see that there's some news on Scrivener for iOS in any case.

• 4 months later...

Archived