Storyist Forums

Storyist 3 Overview for Storyist 2 Users

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would also like to ask if Storyist for the ipads will be updated at some point to employ icloud. I am barely at my desktop long enough to hack out a paragraph if I had the time and use Storyist on the ipad more than the desktop. Be wild if that could work. Also, there is a small formatting problem on the ipad where, in justified mode, it seems the last sentence often stretches every word out to cover the distance by wide gaps between letters. It is only in justified mode. Storyist 3 is sweet, though:) Loving it when I can get to use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi,

I've been debating updating from Storyist 2 to 3 for a while. It's been glutting for a while now, but I just worked through it. I just finished Nanowrimo and got I 50% off code I can use towards 3.

I'm curious, to all the people who updated, was the update worth it? Should I just stick with 2 and continue working through the little glitches?

Thanks in advance and congrats to everyone who participated in Nanowrimo!

Worth it for me. Works as good as it looks, imho. I use it to write comic scripts, so one pane has images that I've placed in a folder, the other pane is the script. Another project is a novel-in-progress and Storyist is handling the non-linear way I write just fine. So I would say if you got a half-off coupon, use it.

Worth it for me. Works as good as it looks, imho. I use it to write comic scripts, so one pane has images that I've placed in a folder, the other pane is the script. Another project is a novel-in-progress and Storyist is handling the non-linear way I write just fine. So I would say if you got a half-off coupon, use it.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Well, there are a couple of misunderstandings here.

First, although the files people read on Kindles are AZW, a variant of MOBI, authors can upload ePub files to Kindle Direct Publishing, which will convert the ePub files to Kindle format.

Second, although the Kindle is the bestselling e-reader (I think) and Amazon controls much of the e-book market, other popular devices like iPads or iPhones running iBooks or Sony/nook/Kobo e-readers do require the ePub format.

Third, Storyist lets you export files in both ePub and MOBI formats, to give you the broadest reach. If you read only on Kindle, you would want to export your e-books as MOBI. But I read mostly on iBooks, so I export them as ePub for my own use and as MOBI for Kindle users. I also use Calibre to convert the Kindle books I purchase to ePub, if they aren't protected, because I prefer having all my books in one program as much as possible.

Hope that helps clarify the situation. Welcome to the forums!

Marguerite

• Steve unpinned this topic

Archived