Storyist Forums

Adding CSS files to a project

thewitt

Though I understand that Storyist is not intended to be a full featured eBook formatting product, I find it almost everything I need, with just a couple minor exceptions.

The most interesting of these to me would be the ability to add CSS elements to my eBook ZIP file by including them in my project files.

Today I have only a couple of custom defined CSS elements. One of them is for "Letters" and I've created a style for it. When I embed a letter into the text I want it to be indented, a different font and italic.

I do that in Storyist with it's own style and that words great. When I export the book I have to manually break apart the ePub zip file and edit the CSS sheet adding my adjustments. It would be outstanding if Storyist did that by itself based on my style within Storyist, however I know that's asking alot.

A workable alternative would be for Storyist to allow me to add a CSS file in the project where I could add my elements and they would be included in the resulting zip file for me.

Archived