Storyist Forums

Question about font and size

CandaceVan

I am fairly new to Storyist, although not to writing. I am somewhat visually impaired, and I often want to work with text that is much larger than anything that an editor or publisher would wish to see. I understand that Courier 12-point is the preferred font/size choice for submitting a manuscript, but it is not a viable choice for me to use while writing. So, is there a way for me to see the manuscript my way but export it in a standard Courier-12-point style? Or do I have to reformat it back and forth? If the latter is the case, could I please put in a feature request regarding this? The text should be separate from its on-screen presentation to the author. I ought to be able to write my book in, say, 48-point Georgia, and not have to worry that I might slip up and send it out to my publisher that way.

-- Candace

Another thing you could do is set up a style sheet for writing (e.g. Georgia 48pt), and when you're ready to send a copy in Courier 12, do this:

1. Duplicate your manuscript and navigate to it.
  2. Choose Format > Style > Change Stylesheet > Novel Stylesheet.
  3. Follow the steps in the Change Stylesheet dialog.

The duplicated manuscript will now be formatted with the Novel stylesheet, and you can export that file.

-Steve

The only problem with that is that I then have two different versions of the manuscript. Publisher wants changes, I make them on writing version and have to re-duplicate, change style sheet again, etc., for every iteration. Sooner or later, I forget and make changes on the publisher version. Then I have to work backwards — ah, but it can get complicated.

—Candace

Archived