Storyist Forums

Storyist 3.0.4 way to buggy for practical use…

omegaman

Here's the symptoms…

Project view seems to have a mind of its own…

1) When creating new Chapters existing parts of the document structure disappear until command z is used

2) Using the keyboard shortcut to create a new Chapter only works now and then and sometimes the arrow icon does not appear

3) When creating a new Chapter several previous Chapters will lose their formatting (Chapter Title) and appear collectively under the newly created Chapter as one long chapter

4) Rearranging Chapters resulting items inexplicably reordering themselves and truncating the Chapter Title to Chater?

5) Cannot reorder newly created Chapters

6) Placing the cursor before a word jumps one letter to the right

7) Trying to edit a document freezes occasionally

8) Trying to insert brings up the red dotted underline in various places in a paragraph

9) Selecting items in the Project View does not let you view them

Using Storyist on IMAC 27inch under OSX 10.9.5

Any ideas?

Hi omegaman,

Please send an email to the support address so we can investigate.

There haven't been other reports of these issues (and Storyist 3 got quite a workout during NaNoWriMo), so I'm not sure what to suggest. It sounds like there might be something going on with the style definitions in your manuscript. I'd be happy to take a look at that if you'd like.

-Steve

Hi omegaman,

Please send an email to the support address so we can investigate.

There haven't been other reports of these issues (and Storyist 3 got quite a workout during NaNoWriMo), so I'm not sure what to suggest. It sounds like there might be something going on with the style definitions in your manuscript. I'd be happy to take a look at that if you'd like.

-Steve

Okay will do. Also will submit some Screenflow movies of what is occurring via dropbox links.

Hmm…

Interestingly, I have created my own template with styles using the Notebook Entry Template, which allows me to create single chapters under a folder structure of Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. The beauty of this is that the chapters are now separate entities and can be reorganised without issue. The only major issue is that each chapter must be printed separately or exported as a group of files for merging into Nisus Writer for printing. Perhaps the issue of collectively printing a group of text files under a folder structure could be resolved in a future release.

post-1434-0-93792700-1419041891_thumb.png

Archived