Storyist Forums

Continued "missing Files" problem

Hi mercedes von uppity,

That's frustrating. It's hard to say what's going on without a little more information. Please send an email to the support address with which versions of Storyist and OS X you're using and and we'll investigate. It would be helpful to know what you're doing when this happens (writing, opening a file that was last opened on another device, etc...). Also, if you're on Yosemite, please let me know whether you keep your project in your Dropbox folder.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Steve. The files were missing from the Storyist document folder in my Dropbox. In other words, where Storyist projects are saved to and retrieved from. Other files on the Dropbox outside of the Storyist folder are intact and un-affected. Thanks for the help link but like I wrote, I was able to restore the missing project files from my Time Machine backups. I had to go back to January to find a date when the backed up files re-appeared.

(one of my clients i shared photos with had been mistakenly using MY dropbox as her personal dropbox. She erased her files after I discovered them and alerted her to the situation and it's always possible she messed up the Storyist files but not highly likely. If you share a specific DB folder with someone, can they access other folders? Like I said, none of my other files seem to be missing.

Thanks for your vigilence!

Hi bigiggy,

If you share a Dropbox folder with someone, they'll only be able to see/modify the files in that folder or its subfolders. If you're curious, you can visit the Dropbox website, log in, and use the "Show Deleted Files" button to see who deleted the files.

-Steve

Archived