Storyist Forums

Goals per chapter and filling bars

Narayume

It would be great if we could have a goal per chapter with a little message that tells us we have reached it. I often get carried away and end up with awkward monster chapters.

It would be great if we could have a goal per chapter with a little message that tells us we have reached it. I often get carried away and end up with awkward monster chapters.

As I recall, there is a sound for when you reach a goal, if not a message. And you can set your goal low enough that it is your desired chapter count, then reset it as you begin the next chapter. Maybe not exactly what you're asking for but it's something you can do now.

Orren

Can I do a min-hijack, and put a related request?

I'm wondering if there might be some way of replacing or augmenting the word-count-goal-display-bar-thing so that it becomes useful when editing down e.g. if I want to cut 5,000 words from a manuscript, having it track progress towards that goal?

I have to admit that I've failed to come up with an obvious way to implement this, beyond a bar that starts full (i.e. at current word count) and 'empties' as you progress toward the goal - but unless the graphics differed this would be indistinguishable from the current (counting up) bar, and making it coloured or hashed might ruin the aesthetics of the app...

Of course, something may already exist - I'm still finding new features I didn't know about before!

Archived