Storyist Forums

Integration with Grammarian

thewitt

I believe Grammarian is the leading grammar checking software on the Mac platform.

Any chance of integration? I've been running my chapters through it one at a time, and I find the suggestions it makes are far superior to the built in checking in OSX.

-t

I received an update from the developer, and not only is it still active, he in in beta now with a version that fully integrates with the OSX spelling and grammar checker, so it will automatically work with Storyist!

I'll be testing soon.

-t

• 5 months later...

Has anyone tried this? I"m just running it over a couple of chapters, and while it's caught a few errors that I should have spotted, it's throwing up a number of supposed errors that are not actually errors (I've double checked the grammar). As a result, I am left puzzling over some of the others. Essentially, I'm not sure I can trust the software.

The other problem that I have with the software is that it works by analysing a copy of the text, to which corrections are made, which is pasted back into the MS. Nothing wrong with this, until it starts to replace characters with unusual diacriticals with "?", messing up conlang names / words, and making it very cumbersome to work with.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Archived