Storyist Forums

The Sedumen Chronicles Continue!

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted announcements on this forum about my YA urban fantasy series The Sedumen Chronicles. I have been crazy busy as of late—and still am. Those who follow my site, or Tweets, know the score:

The third novel in the series, Firebird Vengeance, has been out for a while now! It is a standalone novel for those who haven't been reading the Chronicles, however it is a much richer story if you've been following along; Firebird Vengeance completes a story arc that begins in Firebird Alex (book 1), creating a trilogy out of the first three books.

But also, I have written a novelette set in the Firebird Alex world, called Firebird Manor! And I am giving away Firebird Manor for free. You can read it on my site at the link above, you can download it for free in PDF, ePub, or .mobi (Kindle) format, or you can go to your favorite eBook retail site (Kindle store, iBooks, Nook, Google Play, Kobo, etc) and get it there. It is free almost everywhere—a few eBook retailers don't allow for free books other than for special promotions, so on those sites it's 99¢. But it's still available for free everywhere else, and in every format.

Firebird Manor is a fun, creepy "haunted house" tale set after the events of Firebird Vengeance, but you don't need to have read the trilogy to enjoy it—everything you need is contained in the 15k words of the novelette. Indeed, that is my goal, to give people a fun, free gateway into a universe (two universes, actually) I'm quite proud of.

And every single novel, novelette, even the glossary of terms on my website, was created using Storyist! :)

Enjoy!

Orren

Archived