Storyist Forums

Changes ignored

Phil007

I really like your app but I'm obliged to stop using it, at least with a project with texts inside. I'm using an Ipad Air 2 with the latest IOS, in french, and when I change one of the texts of a given project, the changes tend not to be aknowledged by the app. The changes dont appear when I save the text on Dropbox, or even if I do a copy of the text. If do a few thing with the text, like searching, making other changes, closing and opening it again, the changes finally stick. But I can't find a systematic way to go around this problem. The problem doesn't appear every time I change a text, but I don't know what triggers it.

Help !...

Hi Phil,

It sounds like changes made on your iPad are not being synced to your Dropbox folder. If that is the case, please let me know a little more about how you've setup Dropbox.

One thing that has caught a couple of people is that the Cloud Setup screen in Storyist 3 for iOS suggests syncing to the /Apps/Storyist folder in Dropbox (this is Dropbox's recommendation) in addition to the /Storyist folder that Storyist 2 for iOS used. If you're reading quickly, you might choose /Apps/Dropbox without realizing it.

If that's not it, please send an email to the support address (support@stoyrist.com) with a little more information about what is happening and we'll investigate.

-Steve

Archived