Storyist Forums

viewing scenes as index cards...

echo

i started with a blank doc on my mac (not novel). i can view the created scenes as index cards.

when i open the file on my ipad, the scenes are shown as style sheets -- and i cannot figure out how to display them as index cards.

Hi, echo, and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the scenes as index cards on your iPad. I just tried it with a new file, and it worked.

Could you not have set up the file correctly on your Mac? I did the following:

Choose File, then New Project. Select Blank.

Click on Project, then Add, then New Text File.

Select a text file template. Choose Novel, not Notebook Entry. (You can set up your own templates later, if you like.) Click Choose.

Save the file wherever you would sync it from on the iPad (Dropbox or iPad or for upload via iTunes).

Open it on the iPad. Tap your new project, then the name of the text file.

Then tap the four rectangles at top left on the main screen. You should see the index cards for each section.

Try it, then let us know if it doesn't work.

Best,

Marguerite

I had created a folder, full of scenes. I can view this on my mac as notecards. I also had a text file (novel).

on my ipad i can click on the text file/novel and see cards. but when i click on the folder that holds my scenes i only see thumbnails of the style sheets. this is different than how it acts on my mac.

i can view the text file on both as cards. just won't work for items in a folder on their own.

Archived