Storyist Forums

where to find project trash?

lerone

hello,

I expected renaming and moving would copy the file (as there is no "save as")

– wrong expectation :-}

so, I accidentally deleted some project files given this misunderstanding, without saving a prior version.

now I am trying to find the project trash – where hopefully these files still reside.

in the Storyist-help it says:

"To view the contents of the project trash, click the View button in the toolbar and choose Show Project Trash."

but there is no menu item like that unver "view"-menu. I only find "empty trash" under the "file"-menu.

so at the moment I can delete the trash but not access/view it.

any ideas/help how I could get there, and look whether my files are still around? :-}

thx!

Hi, Lerone, and welcome to the forums:

Look at the top left corner of the window, below the menus but above the project outline. There is an icon that looks like a screen split horizontally and vertically, with a plus sign next to it. The split-screen icon should say View under it (and the plus sign should say Add), but depending on how you have set up the toolbar, it may not.

Either way, click on the split-screen icon, and you will see the option to Show Project Trash. Select that option, and a window will open under the project outline with deleted files. Just drag any you need back into the project outline to restore them.

Best,

Marguerite

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I expected renaming and moving would copy the file (as there is no "save as")

– wrong expectation :-}

so, I accidentally deleted some project files given this misunderstanding, without saving a prior version.

now I am trying to find the project trash – where hopefully these files still reside.

in the Storyist-help it says:

"To view the contents of the project trash, click the View button in the toolbar and choose Show Project Trash."

but there is no menu item like that unver "view"-menu. I only find "empty trash" under the "file"-menu.

so at the moment I can delete the trash but not access/view it.

any ideas/help how I could get there, and look whether my files are still around? :-}

thx!

With regard to the missing 'Save As' function: If you press the option key when you are in the file drop down menu, the "Save As" option will appear in the list.

Archived