Storyist Forums
Pip

Page up and down

I'm using the the latest version of Storyist. The keyboard shortcut for scrolling one page up and one page down that I found listed in either Help or the manual (Control Down arrow and Control Up arrow) does not work on my machine. Are there alternative shortcuts?

Hi Pip,

Hmmm. Control Up and Control Down should work. Are you sure the cursor is positioned in the text (so that the shortcuts are active)?

-Steve

Hi Pip,

Ah, you're using the OS 10.11 El Capitan beta, aren't you. :)

It appears that Apple has stolen claimed these shortcuts for revealing Mission Control and the Application Windows.

You can disable the system shortcuts in the Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard pane in the System Preferences.

-Steve

Note that you can still use the Page Up and Page Down keys if you have a full keyboard or the FN+Up Arrow and FN+Down Arrow keys on a laptop.

-Steve

If you do want Control+Up or Down back, check the Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard pane in the System Preferences. It sounds like something else is claiming the shortcuts.

Keyboard.png

-Steve