Storyist Forums

New Member Introduction-Fictionista

No. Nora Roberts writes a lot of stuff, but no paranormal as far as I know. She may have done some time travel, which is sometimes subsumed under paranormal, and she has at least one trilogy based in part on an invented Irish myth—the only books of hers I've read. She also writes mysteries as J. D. Robb. No vampires or werewolves (werelions, whatever), though.

She's the exception to the "prolific means poor quality" rule, actually. The three I read were quite good, even though she churns them out at a rate that makes me wonder if she, too, has a stable of ghost writers.

Probably not your cup of tea even so, Isaac!

I asked my wife last night, and she said that some of the Nora Roberts and JD Robb books she read so far do incorporate a little bit of witchcraft, but that's the extent of the supernatural.

Maybe I'll take a crack at writing a romance novel. ;-)

IF

Thanks Marguerite, I, too, writhed in the outer darkness for many years. I once saw a cartoon, I think in the New Yorker, that showed someone being guided through writer hell--depicted as a cavernous room of people chained to their computers. The next frame showed the same picture, with the caption, heaven. The difference? Heaven contained the published writers--still chained to their computers. Really just a different kind of hell.

The biggest difficulty for me at the moment is discipline--after writing to deadlines for years, I now have the freedom to take my time and there are invariably so many more interesting things to do than write.

Archived