Storyist Forums

Using 2.4.6 can't publish in .ePub after importing from Word

I have a 400 page novel that I finished recently in Storyist. I saved it to my desktop as a Microsoft Word document so that I could do a read through and make corrections to get a different take on sentencing and spelling errors, etc. I finished the read through, selected all and moved it back to a new Storyist novel project. It looks great and the program works fine until I tried to save a copy for an editor to read through as an .ePub. It looks like it is working just fine until you try to open it and then a box comes up to say that the file is corrupt. I can create an ePub with no problem from the original, but cannot do it from the copy. Is there a way to put the Word doc back into my Storyist program or have I lost all my changes?

Hi Jane,

When you pasted the Word file back into the Storyist document, you probably pasted some form feed characters as well, which iBooks flags as "corrupt."

Saving and reopening the Storyist project should remove these characters. You can also remove them by showing invisible characters (View > Show Invisible Characters) and deleting them manually.

If you'd like help with this, just send a quick email to the support address.

-Steve

Archived