Storyist Forums

Inspector View does not seem to be working... can't set project goals

Courtney

Hi there,

New to the forum and don't know if anyone can help but I have recently upgraded from Storyist 2 to the latest version of Storyist 3 and I am having problems with the Inspector View and functions.

I am running the software on a full spec iMac, Yosemite 10.10.4 and using Dropbox for backup files etc. I want to set some project goals for my novel and I've read through the instructions in the Mac User Guide and allegedly it is as simple as selecting the Inspector from the View Menu and choosing 'Show Inspector'.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I attempt to access the Inspector View the option to 'Show Inspector' is greyed out. I've tried highlighting the text, selecting the manuscript in the project menu, selecting the project in the project menu, closing the program and re-openning, creating a new project and cutting and pasting all the content over, saving it as a new document on my desktop instead of Dropbox, standing on my head etc etc. I've even tried getting really angry banging the desk having another cup of coffee and swearing at the screen but this doesn't seem to work either.

I have attached a screenshot below...

Any advice greatly appreciated (if only to save my desk from being subjected to any more abuse).

Thanks

Courtney

post-6403-0-27589000-1441197321_thumb.jpg

DOH! It appears that Inspector View does not work in full screen mode. I exited full screen mode and suddenly everything was available again.

Despite the fact that I am exposing my stupidity I shall leave this post here for future generations.

(Though I might add it would be helpful to be able to access this function from full screen mode in future updates).

:(

Archived