Storyist Forums

Word count per day and shortcut for project stats

yannl

I like the Storyist stats, but I did not find anywhere the actual "words per day" breakdown.

It's important for me to know that I write 100 words yesterday instead of 1000. Knowing I did not reach my goal is not enough.

It would be nice to have this information available somewhere.

And a project stat ALWAYS available on the right panel or with a shortcut would change my life.

In Scrivener I just press shift cmd T and I get my stats (but not as good as yours).

In storyist I need to select the project, see the stats and get back to my text (Or I did not find a faster way)

Scrivener CMD SHIFT T and...

post-6419-0-54019800-1441443144_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Yann L

www.yannl.com

post-6419-0-54019800-1441443144_thumb.jpg

I second this Rusty.

It would be really good to know exactly how far I've got and to be able to check back on previous days targets. I usually take a quick look at the end of the day but I'm a night owl and most of the time I write from 8pm to 1am. Take tonight for example, I was really keen to see how much I'd written to see how far I was from my target but by the time I flipped back the clock had struck midnight and my word could was 1. I've no idea how many words I did yesterday. I don't think I'm the only night owl out there either - it's the most quiet time in the house.

More depressing than this, the other day I wrote about 2500 words but I deleted 5000. According to my word count my daily target for the day was -2500! That was pretty depressing. It shows as a red blotch on my calendar now and yet it was my most productive day of the week. :(

An option to have the daily word count up in the status bar would be a nice alternative if it's not possible to look back a previous days totals.

Guess we can't have everything.

A.

Not to decry the request, but it is worth bearing in mind that the net total (-2500 in the above example) is useful when editing; if I'm cutting some scenes, adding material to others, the overall change is a useful headline figure. But more information on what has been added and when would be useful.

Well I personally like to see where I stand. Scrivener has this nice option in stats when you can choose to count or not the deleted words and to reset at midnight or not :-)

And again.... with a simple shortcut. No need to go to the right place to find my stats.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived