Storyist Forums

Want to buy Storyist, BUT...

ottawa

I'm currently using the trial version of Storyist. My main issue is with images. When I import images I find they are too small and there is no way to zoom in/out or otherwise manipulate the image. I can zoom in on text files but not images. Also, a line of text can be hyperlinked to another text file, but not an image file.

Scrivener allows me to all of this quite easily. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Hi Ottawa,

Welcome to the forums.

You're not missing anything.

• Storyist sizes the stand-alone images (as opposed to images embedded in text) to fit the view. It doesn't scale up any farther than 100% though, since that would cause pixellation in the images.
  • There isn't a mechanism to link text to images files. You can certainly embed an image in the text file if you want.

Both would be interesting feature requests, though, and could be added if there is enough interest. You've probably noticed the feature request forums here, and if you'd like, I can move the thread there to start the discussion. Many new Storyist features start off as discussions there.

-Steve

Archived