Storyist Forums

Where are image files stored in Storyist?

mercedes von uppity

Hi there. I've got some image collections in a Storyist file that I have lost elsewhere. I'd like to pull them OUT or COPY FROM Storyist, but I can't seem to manage either. They look like they're going to drag but then they just disappear when I drop.

A few, that were used in Character Sheets, dragged and dropped out of there just fine. However, when I go to move other images (like a cluster that I have under a corkboard for a topic) they won't go anywhere. I can't figure out what the deal is. Nor can I seem to get to where they are stored. I can't find file names to search or a library for them. None of the toolbars or menus or right clicking the photos gives me any kind of option to move or copy/paste them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, Mercedes,

They are in the project, which is a zip file (although called .story). Copy it to a new location, and you can unzip the file to find the images.

Sorry that I can't be more specific right at this minute. I am using my iPad. But the big news is that the images exist. If someone else doesn't respond before tomorrow morning, I will give you exact instructions then.

Best,

M

Hi, Mercedes,

Here's what I do.

1. Copy the file (so you don't destroy it by accident).

2. Rename the file, changing the extension from .story to .zip. Tell the Mac "use .zip" when it sends you an "are you sure?" message.

3. Double-click the renamed file to open it. It will unzip into a folder.

4. Double-click the folder. Inside is a folder called images. That's where you should find all the images stored in the project.

Best,

M

Archived