Storyist Forums

Highlighting

Courtney

It would be a really useful feature to be able to highlight text in Storyist.

My work is proof read and sometimes the 'reader' will have a question about something in the text or change the grammar or phrasing without really knowing if the 'mistake' is intentional. If they were able to highlight text this would really help to speed up the editing process.

What would be really amazing - and I feel a market leader - would be if highlighted text could then be found using the same function as 'search/replace'. Imagine what a dream it would be for someone to edit, revise and alter work if they just had to click to the next highlighted section. Now that would kick Scrivener out the park!

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for the request. There isn't currently a way to simply highlight a span of text, but there could be if there is enough interest.

In the meantime, you may want to check out the new comment inspector in version 3.2. With the comment inspector, you can

• Select a span of text and attach at comment using Edit > Insert > Comment. When you do this, the range of text is highlighted with a yellow background.
  • See the list of comments in the document in list form.
  • Search the comments for specific text.
  • Navigate to the commented text by clicking on the comment.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

A highlighting function would be great, especially in the iOs version. Many times at work I get an idea and can pull out my iPhone and quickly jot a note on an index card, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to highlight a section of text as a marker for when I return to my desktop. The comments function is great, but just for the sake of quickly marking a section of text highlighting would be great. And, if I may be so bold to ask, highlighting with different colors. :)

• 1 year later...

I realise it has been awhile since this post, and reading it I have finally found where I can see a list of comments, although this is not abundantly clear and easy to find.

Okay - What would be handy is to be able to "Choose" the Colour of the Comment Highlight, rather than a faded yellow. This would be really handy, or do I need to raise a new thread for this???

JustaBarynThought

Archived