Storyist Forums

Importing Scrivener Projects into Storyist 3

StuartNorfolk

Hi everyone, I am new to Storyist, so please forgive me if this question has already been asked a dozen times before.

I'm currently working on a novel within Scrivener. I want to import the same novel into Storyist. In Scrivener I've completed extensive notes located in the Inspector > Document Notes to the right of the main pane for each attached scene. However, when I import said novel into Storyist, I cannot locate the notes from Scrivener. It appears, at first, glance to have stripped them out unless I'm mistaken.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in anticipation,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You're not missing anything. Scrivener's rich text Document Notes and Project Notes are not currently imported when the Scrivener project is opened as a Storyist project. If there is enough interest, Storyist could probably create Section Sheets or separate notes files for this data, but it doesn't do so currently.

The easiest way to get the data in now is probably copy/paste into a new file in Storyist or keep the info in Scrivener comments instead. Scrivener comments are preserved.

-Steve

Thanks very much for your informative reply Steve. Copying and pasting into the comments section of scrivener and then importing seems to do the trick. I'm sure I'm not alone in my desire to wanting the coders to come up with Section Sheets to support the document notes section in Scrivener.

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks, Steve. One last question: I'm considering buying the iOS version. Is that a paired down version of Storyist for Mac i.e. will it import all the various Scrivener files one would associate with the Mac version - in particular, the 'Comments' attribute's, the principle subject of this forum question?

Regards,

Stuart

Archived