Storyist Forums
cerebrogasm

Sliding Main Page

Hi,

I'm new to Storyist. I'm using version 3.2.4 purchased from the Apple Store on a MacBook Pro.

When I create a full screen layout, with the Project Pane on the left, the writing area in the middle, and the Inspector Pane on the right, the middle pane, where I write, slides left and right. I'm constantly trying to center the pane so I can input my story data.

Is there anyway to stop my writing area from sliding left and right?

I do not wish to adjust ruler settings since this would result in a mis-formatted final draft, of which I would have to correct.

Screenshot attached.

Thank you!

James

post-5875-0-07314700-1467328665_thumb.jpg

Hi James,

It looks like your zoom factor puts the width of the page just a little bit off from the width of the view. If the horizontal scrolling bugs you, you can do one of the following:

1. Pinch on the trackpad to zoom in a little.
  2. Switch to draft mode (View > Layout > Draft)

-Steve

Another tip is to disable the "swipe between pages" gesture (System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures > Swipe between pages).

Fundamentally, Steve's point 1 (adjusting the zoom) pretty much solves this. I don't find switching to draft mode helps - the page still wants to "rattle around" in its window with any horizontal movement on the trackpad.

-Nick