Storyist Forums

tool bar?

fictionista

Just wanted to say that I've started using Storyist, love the ability to organize notes, etc. One question though; if I want to underline, italicize, etc. is there a simple toolbar to use?

Janice

For now, I would suggest one of two ways to control your font attributes:

1) Go to Format in the Main Menu and select the Font submenu. There you will find all the usual font manipulation functions.

2) Select some text and Control-Click it (in Mac). This will bring a pop-up menu. From the pop-up select the Font submenu. There you will find some the usual font manipulation functions.

But who knows what the future will bring?

Perhaps an interesting third choice.

-Thoth.

Just wanted to say that I've started using Storyist, love the ability to organize notes, etc. One question though; if I want to underline, italicize, etc. is there a simple toolbar to use?

I'm a keyboarder, so here's what I do:

Cmd+B: bold

Cmd+U: underline

Cmd+I: italic

For existing text, highlight it, then press the desired keys.

When writing, press the keys to start the special formating, then press the keys again to toggle the special formating back to off.

You can mix styles using the keys as well.

IF

Cmd+B: bold

Cmd+U: underline

Cmd+I: italic

I've never been much for keyboard shortcuts but these are easy to remember. If you need a reminder:

1) They're listed to the right of their menu commands (Format>Font) as expected.

2) All Storyist keyboard shortcuts are listed in Help>Show Keyboard Shortcuts, via the Help Viewer.

-Thoth.

• 3 months later...

Archived