Storyist Forums
astillac

Save button?

This is kind of a silly request. Can I get a save button to put on the quick bar? I hit save ... a lot. And, I know, it seems silly, but File>Save can get tedious, and I suck at keyboard shortcuts. (I use a PC keyboard on a Mac - it makes it difficult).

Sorry if this has been asked before; I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks.

This is kind of a silly request. Can I get a save button to put on the quick bar? I hit save ... a lot. And, I know, it seems silly, but File>Save can get tedious, and I suck at keyboard shortcuts. (I use a PC keyboard on a Mac - it makes it difficult).

Seems like a perfectly reasonable customization option for the Toolbar. Seconded.

But I have to wonder if the ability to turn any menu command into a Toolbar button would be more valuable.

Making more work for Steve.

-Thoth.

I don't doubt it would. But "save" is all I want.

I'll think about it, but I have to say that I'm generally not in favor of cluttering up the toolbar with generic functions like most Microsoft apps do (e.g. open, save, cut, copy, paste, undo). B)

-Steve

Sorry if this has been asked before; I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Did you know you can hit Cmd+S? I find this quicker than dragging the mouse around.

IF

I'll think about it, but I have to say that I'm generally not in favor of cluttering up the toolbar with generic functions like most Microsoft apps do (e.g. open, save, cut, copy, paste, undo). B)

-Steve

Ah. But you wouldn't be cluttering up the toolbar with generic functions; the user would, if you make them Customization options.

-Thoth.