Storyist Forums

Screenplay example

Steve

I've attached an example screenplay with information about formatting. I'll probably include this with future versions of Storyist, so feedback is welcomed.

-Steve

When isn't feedback welcome? I thought that was why we were here. :)

Anyhoo. Looks good but I was wondering...The structure looks generic and standard but even standard generic structures have a source. Does this particular source have a name? Was it from film, TV, the stage? Any particular producer? A How-To book?

Just curious.

-Thoth.

1. The structure looks generic and standard but even standard generic structures have a source. Does this particular source have a name?

No, though it fairly close to Cole/Haag.

2. Where are you?

California.

I thought the West Coast was three hours behind the East Coast. Not three hours ahead.

Behind meaning subtract 3 hours from your time.

-Steve

No, though it fairly close to Cole/Haag.

Thanks.

California.

The reason I asked was because when I initially read your post the time was set hours ahead of EST (after 8pm actually). But when I came back the time was set correctly so I edited the post to remove the question, before you posted your answer. Must be a timing issue. Just another weirdness of out quirky forum. You aren't looking at the pre-edited versions of the posts, are you?

Behind meaning subtract 3 hours from your time.

Yes, I know. See above.

-Thoth.

You aren't looking at the pre-edited versions of the posts, are you?

No. I probably hit reply after you posted your original post but before you edited it. How is that for quick response :)

-Steve

I've attached an example screenplay with information about formatting. I'll probably include this with future versions of Storyist, so feedback is welcomed.

-Steve

Nice, and even a prissy editorial type like me found only two typos (experienced writers cheat, not writer's; and that's [not thats] about it, near the end). Looks like you hit all the bases with script formatting.

Two teensy, related suggestions: from what some of the other board members have said, the conventions vary from country to country. Perhaps specify that these are U.S. guidelines? And encourage Storyist users to adjust the styles for European formats and upload them and/or post messages describing the differences, so you can make the adjustments there.

Overall, great job. Very cool :)

Best,

Marguerite

• 2 months later...

Archived