Storyist Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve E

Blog Books

Once upon a time I casually mentioned that we have enough posts in this forum to bind together and publish as a book. Someone must have been listening. For the NewsWeek article click here.

The article goes on to suggest that the next big publishing strategy may be to start a blog and once you have enough eyeballs get yourself a six-figure publishing deal. But this hasn't been working out too well for the publishers; millions may browse but few will buy.

Old Conventional Wisdom: Information wants to be free.

New Conventional Wisdom: People who want information want it to be free.

-Thoth.

I've actually purchased a book by a blogger I like. It's a lot of the same stuff, which is kind of lame, but I read the whole thing and I plan on keeping it when I move, (I have to make the hard choices!), so it can't be that bad.

- Calli

I've actually purchased a book by a blogger I like. It's a lot of the same stuff, which is kind of lame, but I read the whole thing and I plan on keeping it when I move, (I have to make the hard choices!), so it can't be that bad.

I bet there are some "moving blogs" out there begging for a publisher. Moving is always traumatic/exciting, with no end of hard-earned lessons.

-Thoth.

BTW: Where to? If I may ask.

From California to New Hampshire. Hey, maybe I should start a blog about it! All the pain of letting go of the clutter I've accumulated over the years, the issue of moving in a tiny Scion xA with everything we're taking + one cat.... Hmmm... I'll be rich! RICH! Muhahahah!

This is on topic because I'm illustrating how silly it is to make blog-books.

- Calli

From California to New Hampshire. Hey, maybe I should start a blog about it! All the pain of letting go of the clutter I've accumulated over the years, the issue of moving in a tiny Scion xA with everything we're taking + one cat.... Hmmm... I'll be rich! RICH! Muhahahah!

This is on topic because I'm illustrating how silly it is to make blog-books.

I think a cross-country trip (from CA to NH) via tiny Japanese import is worth a blog and perhaps a book. And with the price of gas these days you'll need to be rich. "Muhahahah", indeed!

Welcome to my side of the country. :lol:

-Thoth.