Storyist Forums

Daily Word Count Feature?

wrtbks

Hello,

I am a newbie that is considering Storyist. One feature that is important to me is being able to establish daily word counts or certain daily goals for numbers of words written each day. For example I may want to establish a daily word count to meet a deadline for an article or story and need a reminder of my goals. Does Storyist have this feature?

Thanks,

Scott

Hello,

I am a newbie that is considering Storyist. One feature that is important to me is being able to establish daily word counts or certain daily goals for numbers of words written each day. For example I may want to establish a daily word count to meet a deadline for an article or story and need a reminder of my goals. Does Storyist have this feature?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the board.

Storyist gives a live word count in the status area of the manuscript. You can certainly establish daily goals, but Storyist doesn't provide any special support for tracking or reminders. Many people use a Storyist notebook entry for goal tracking.

-Steve

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the board.

Storyist gives a live word count in the status area of the manuscript. You can certainly establish daily goals, but Storyist doesn't provide any special support for tracking or reminders. Many people use a Storyist notebook entry for goal tracking.

-Steve

Thanks Steve. I will play with the demo more thoroughly.

Scott

Hi Scott. Welcome.

You might want to take a look at Feature Requests under the Project Goals & Accomplishments thread. We've been asking Steve for this for a while so it can't be long now. Right? (Steve?)

-Thoth.

• 4 months later...
I remember putting a Feature Request in for this a while ago. It will* come.

*will, being, of course, my willing it into being. /fingers crossed

You can uncross your fingers now. ;) Thanks for being patient Calli (and others).

As mentioned in the feature request topic, as of version 1.5, you can now specify word count and writing time goals on a per-project and per-session basis and track them via a new tab in the Inspector panel. Specifically, you can track word count, remaining word count, elapsed time and remaining time. The Inspector provides a session timer so you can setup and track writing sprints (popular with NaNoWriMo participants) and you can set an alarm to let you know when you've reached your goal.

There is more I want to do here, but this should get you started.

-Steve

Archived