Storyist Forums

Timeline but not Aeon!

Loretta Green

I originally put this as a reply in the thread about integrating Storyist with Aeon Timeline. I chose to start a new thread however because that thread was started so long ago and I wanted my comment on the matter to stand out because I do not want an integration between Storyist and Aeon. I want something that fits uniquely within the Storyist framework, so hear is my feature request. I hope it makes sense:

I would like to see Storyist do something new and separate from Aeon. I find Aeon as complex as Scrivener. Storyist just seems to work more the way my mind works. Storyist already has the feature to attach my elements to my scenes and is viewable as a collage. I would love to have a simple timeline attachable to my collage and to be separately viewable also. I would want the feature to have my scenes placed along the timeline in the order that that appear in the manuscript, all staying connected and updated as I move scenes around my structure. I would like to be able to see all the info of the scene and have it be color coded to represent different elements. Like small colored dots. I would like to see the POV character for the scene and be able to color code a point in their character arch. The color code could highlight other elements as well, like Plot point/conflict of scene subplots IE the driving relationship or the opposing relationship so that all these elements can be tracked through the progression along the main storyline. I would like to be able to isolate each pov character and view just their scenes, perhaps fading out the rest of the scenes in this view. I would also like to be able to have opaque scenes along the timeline that show things that happen/ed "off scene" in the backstory. (like characters motivations from their past, or something that happened in the prologue) The POINT of this whole feature would be to track and keep continuity through the whole of the novel!

But I want all of this to be done in the "Storyist" way, not the Aeon way. (if that make sense.)

Ok well, there is my idea and feature request. If I can clarify more let me know.

Thanks,

Loretta Green

• 2 weeks later...

Archived