Storyist Forums

printing - very strange

cargil

I can print from any program on my computer, but if I try to print from storyist, I get an service error HP 79. Have tried reinstalling drivers etc... but still the same. I am on mac 10.12.2. the printer is HP Laser Jet Pro 200. I have researched the problem, some people got the error printing pdf in other programs. I am posting here as maybe someone knows something about this.

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

That's odd. Let me ask you a few questions:

1. What version of Storyist are you using?
  2. Are you using the Mac App Store version or the direct version.
  3. Are there any Storyist-related messages in the console log? You can find them by launching the /Applications/Utilities/Console app and typing "Storyist" in the search field.
  4. What happens if you "print" to a PDF and then print that PDF from Preview? You can print to a PDF by choosing File > Print and then choosing "Save as PDF" from the PDF popup in the print dialog.

-Steve

Hi Cargil,

So you can "print" from Storyist to a PDF and you can open and view the PDF in the Preview app, but you can't print the PDF from the Preview app? It sounds like there is something in the PDF data that the printer doesn't like. Word has it's own PDF creator. Storyist uses the one built in to macOS.

What happens if you copy from Storyist and paste into Text Edit and print from there?

-Steve

Archived