Storyist Forums

Book sections & scrapbooks

Andyflavoured

I'm a newbie to Storyist, having written two novels and countless other stories in MS Word. While I can create chapters and sections within a chapter, I can't create parts 1, 2 and 3 of my next novel, and add chapters to these. Is there any way to achieve this?

Also, what's the best way to create a scrapbook or pinboard along the lines that you can in Scrivener? I note that you can create images but I can't see how to pull together research into a multimedia collage.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm a newbie to Storyist, having written two novels and countless other stories in MS Word. While I can create chapters and sections within a chapter, I can't create parts 1, 2 and 3 of my next novel, and add chapters to these. Is there any way to achieve this?

Yes. You'll want to edit the heading levels in the stylesheet to reflect your desired structure. Here is a screencast with more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bVCzIQeiI

Also, what's the best way to create a scrapbook or pinboard along the lines that you can in Scrivener? I note that you can create images but I can't see how to pull together research into a multimedia collage.

You can create a collage for each section in your manuscript by switching to storyboard mode and then selecting the section in the project view. The Users Guide has some more information about working with collages and cork boards here.

-Steve

Archived