Storyist Forums

Storyist app transfer?

mjclayton1

Hello, Forum-

Can Storyist be transferred from one computer to another? It's been awhile since I used the app on my old MacBook Air (which barely limps around nowadays - full hard drive). I have no idea what my initial access code is/was. I have a newer MacBook Air now and am not sure if the software license runs to that or what (I would think so, as upgrading a computer can't be an uncommon circumstance, but...).
Maybe an Admin can respond here?
Thanks.

Yes, it can, so long as the version you have is compatible with the OS on your new Macbook (Storyist 2 is not compatible with El Capitan, e.g.). Download the latest version from http://storyist.com/downloads/ and install it.

If you go to Library > Application Support > Storyist (the Library is hidden by default, but go to your home folder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu in the Finder, and type ~/Library in the box that appears, and it should show up), see if there's a file called .storyist3license (or storyist2license, depending which version you have). If there is, that's your license code. I think you can just drag it onto the application icon to register it.

If not, or if you encounter any other problem, send an e-mail to support at storyist dot com, and Steve will send you your code.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived