Storyist Forums

Dirty Jokes

Steve E

This should probably be in the "What Are You Reading" section but since I can't honestly recommend this book I figured I'd put the post here.

First, credit where credit is due, the book is Stop Me If You Heard This, by Jim Holt. It claims to be the history and philosophy of jokes. It is, sort of. It's 160 pages of which about a dozen actually engaged me. Could be worse. But lets talk about that dozen.

Holt spends time on everyone from Palamedes (the mythical creator of the joke) to Sarah Silverman (comedienne). But ten pages dedicated to Gershon Legman (1917-1999) held my attention. Legman is credited for coining the phrase "Make Love Not War", for introducing Origami (the art of Japanese paper folding) to the West, for inventing the electric vibrating dildo (too late to thank him now girls, he's dead), and for amassing the world's largest collection of dirty jokes (case and point of this silly post follows).

One night a flying saucer lands in a couple's back yard. When the couple go out to examine it a pair of sexy aliens step out of the saucer. "We've come to Earth to learn how your people make love," says the male alien. "Will you help us," asks the female alien. The human couple agrees and the two couples return to the house to ... couple. In one bedroom the male alien undresses and the female human points and laughs. "You could never satisfy a human woman with that little thing," she says. "Ah, but watch," says the male alien, and tugs on his ear. His "little thing" grew and grew until the human female squealed with delight. By morning the human couple see the aliens back to their ship. After they were gone the male human asks the female human, "How was it for you?" And she says, "Oh, it was wonderful. And you?" The male human scratches his head and says, "Okay, I guess. Except she kept pulling my ears."

One dirty joke down, a zillion to go.

-Thoth.

• 2 weeks later...
One dirty joke down, a zillion to go.

Sir, that was neither dirty nor a joke.

Sorry I didn't find time to get in a jab sooner, but I've been busy changing jobs. :lol:

You guys need to ease up on posts when I'm gone so it doesn't take so long to catch up.

IF

Sir, that was neither dirty nor a joke.

Madam, you reveal yourself.

Sorry I didn't find time to get in a jab sooner, but I've been busy changing jobs. :lol:

My sincerest good wishes in this endeavor. We've missed you.

You guys need to ease up on posts when I'm gone so it doesn't take so long to catch up.

You have your work cut out for you. M has broken the 500 mark. The forum as a whole is approaching 3000!

All the best,

-Thoth.

Archived