Storyist Forums

SCRIVENER EXPORT PROBLEMS

phoebea

• 3 weeks later...

This is really a Scrivener problem, rather than a Storyist problem. I have a vague sense that there is checkbox in the Compile panel that says something like "Convert footnotes to endnotes on export." In that case, you can try unchecking the box and see what happens. But as far as I know Scrivener always converts footnotes to endnotes.

On the spacing problem, you'd really need to ask someone on the Literature and Latte boards. My guess is that there is spacing in the file that gets converted to spaces in the PDF, since that's what PDFs do: create a stable version showing what will print.

In my experience, the results of Scrivener export are somewhat flawed, other than for creating e-books. But in any case, the main interaction between Storyist and Scrivener is that Storyist can import Scrivener files directly so that you can work on them in Storyist.

Note that Storyist does not have a simple way to handle footnotes or endnotes. It is primarily aimed at writers of novels, screenplays, blogs, etc.—that is, genres that typically do not include annotation.

Best, and welcome to the forums,

Marguerite

Archived