Storyist Forums

Thoth's Hit List

Steve E

Steve asked me to prioritize my most wished for feature requests. Here are my top five. They should come as no surprise.

1. Bookmarks. :)

2. Prop Sheets.

3. Timeline Support.

4. Series Support.

5. Chapter Sheets, Story Sheets.

I realize that 2, 3, and 5 can be done (poorly) in Notes. Some of us simulate number 4 in a template when what we really want to be able to do is share Characters, Settings and Notes between Storyist files. And I've been using a code to retrieve locations in Search in lieu of true bookmarks. We're Storyists, gosh darn it. We adapt. People used to write with quills for-goodness-sake. So we make do. But we could all do better by turning these requests into true storyist features.

And now here are another 15 features from Feature Requests in roughly the order I'd like them. Some are easy. Some are difficult. Some may look easy to us non-developers yet may be near-impossible. Something to chew on, Steve.

1. Return To Cursor After Closing

2. Save Button

3. Wildcards for Change/Find

4. Single Chapter Printing

5. Project Goals & Accomplishments

6. Creating Your Own Sheet Types

7. Delete Backup button

8. Revision Marks

9. Notebook Tags

10. Back-pointing Links

11. Hiding Links

12. Punctuation Checking

13. Page Display (current and total at bottom of screen)

14. Development Points for Settings.

15. Show Invisibles.

And last, and least:

1. The Storyist iPhone. (Maybe by V.2.0?)

2. Publish Immediately button. :lol: (If only...)

Comments?

-Thoth.

Steve asked me to prioritize my most wished for feature requests. Here are my top five. They should come as no surprise.

1. Bookmarks. :)

2. Prop Sheets.

3. Timeline Support.

4. Series Support.

5. Chapter Sheets, Story Sheets.

I realize that 2, 3, and 5 can be done (poorly) in Notes. Some of us simulate number 4 in a template when what we really want to be able to do is share Characters, Settings and Notes between Storyist files. And I've been using a code to retrieve locations in Search in lieu of true bookmarks. We're Storyists, gosh darn it. We adapt. People used to write with quills for-goodness-sake. So we make do. But we could all do better by turning these requests into true storyist features.

And now here are another 15 features from Feature Requests in roughly the order I'd like them. Some are easy. Some are difficult. Some may look easy to us non-developers yet may be near-impossible. Something to chew on, Steve.

1. Return To Cursor After Closing

2. Save Button

3. Wildcards for Change/Find

4. Single Chapter Printing

5. Project Goals & Accomplishments

6. Creating Your Own Sheet Types

7. Delete Backup button

8. Revision Marks

9. Notebook Tags

10. Back-pointing Links

11. Hiding Links

12. Punctuation Checking

13. Page Display (current and total at bottom of screen)

14. Development Points for Settings.

15. Show Invisibles.

And last, and least:

1. The Storyist iPhone. (Maybe by V.2.0?)

2. Publish Immediately button. :lol: (If only...)

Comments?

-Thoth.

I'd like to second Thoth's 1-5 (especially 1, 2, and 4), and add one more: the ability to link multiple times to the same JPEG, rather than having to reimport it in different contexts, causing the size of the .story file to balloon.

The Publish Immediately button is inspired, of course. Triple support for that one. Why not a Pay Royalties Immediately button, too? :)

Best,

Marguerite

Blah blah blah blah blah

I wonder if this would be a good candidate for a poll. A poll might also force everyone to choose their #1 desired feature. If I were trying to prioritize lists like this for one of my projects, I'd probably feel a bit overwhelmed.

IF

If I were trying to prioritize lists like this for one of my projects, I'd probably feel a bit overwhelmed.

Steve is made of sterner stuff than you, my friend.

Blah blah blah blah.

-Thoth.

BTW: I second your polling idea.

Archived