Storyist Forums

As of Yet Untitled...

astillac

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Super dead in the water. Anger and subsequent depression kills all desire to do much of anything. And I'm all out of books to read. Bah. I should just write to pass the time.

Well, you are supposed to be NaNoing this month.

But if you're looking for a book to pass the time, may I suggest Canary in a Cat House by Vonnegut. It's a small collected work so you can stop almost anywhere and pick it up again later. And few things get my writing juices flowing like a shot glass full of one of the masters. Especially one of the old weird ones. But that's just me.

Find your own poison and drink with relish,

-Thoth.

Well, I'm coasting across the finish line right on time, which is surprising, considering I didn't write for almost a whole week. Not done writing though, still have 5k more to go for NaNo. Just thought I'd make a little post, so it wasn't soooo quiet in here.

Hey look, another character! :D

3064314263_f38e55e26a.jpg

Bigger here...

Well, I'm coasting across the finish line right on time, which is surprising, considering I didn't write for almost a whole week. Not done writing though, still have 5k more to go for NaNo. Just thought I'd make a little post, so it wasn't soooo quiet in here.

Hey look, another character! :D

So who is she? And major congrats on getting so close to the finish line. You have time--sure you do! The month's not over yet!

Away with family for Thanksgiving, so not able to post regularly until Mon.

How can it be almost December already? Yikes!

Best,

Marguerite

She's Circe's little sister, Bethany. She's really only a bit character thus far. I drew her sketch when I hit 30k, (before I knew who I was drawing!) so for the last almost 20k, whenever I get bored or brain numb, I would pull up Painter and doodle around. Lots of messing around with stylistic changes, but I think I've hit something I'm happy with.

She's Circe's little sister, Bethany. She's really only a bit character thus far. ...I think I've hit something I'm happy with.

Hmm. Bethany's a hottie methinks. I wonder what bit part she will play.

There's only a couple of days of NaNo to go. Please let us know when you've crossed the finish line.

Me? I'm enjoying a day of Black Friday Web shopping.

-Thoth.

All done with Nano!

One lovely starburst in celebration of the completion of your 51K opus.

308celebration_salute2.jpg

So, can we read it?

-Thoth.

BTW: Your writing buddies aren't even close to finishing (except for GirlyAsher) so I guess this just proves what we here at the forum have always known: you are exceptional.

One lovely starburst in celebration of the completion of your 51K opus.

So, can we read it?

-Thoth.

BTW: Your writing buddies aren't even close to finishing (except for GirlyAsher) so I guess this just proves what we here at the forum have always known: you are exceptional.

Thoth always has the best graphics for the occasion, so I'll just say:

Congratulations!

:D:D:D

You can now strut around the house and confer boons on pets and inanimate objects as they bask in your glory.

Let us not forget hubby! I like pets and inanimate objects as much as the next guy but indulging a frantically typing spouse deserve a special extra-glowy wifely boon.

That is what I felt like doing when I finished my first NaNo, anyway.

Which begs the question of how you're doing this year, Steve. Or shouldn't I ask.

Bookmarks?

-Thoth.

Which begs the question of how you're doing this year, Steve. Or shouldn't I ask.

I probably won't make it across the finish line this year. The plan was to finish by the 21st (when family arrived for a week's visit), but the flu turned my brain to mud and I couldn't keep that pace.

Bookmarks?

:D

-Steve

I probably won't make it across the finish line this year. The plan was to finish by the 21st (when family arrived for a week's visit), but the flu turned my brain to mud and I couldn't keep that pace.

I imagine all our complaints in Troubleshooting couldn't have helped either. (An EAO plot perhaps?)

:D

Don't tease me, Steve. My heart's all a-flutter. (Of course it could be a cardiac infarction. I should lay off the cheeseburgers.)

-Thoth.

• 7 months later...
You know what's sad - I lost everything I did on this NaNo! :unsure:

We all know the misery of an unbacked-up drive. But look on the bright side. You can rewrite it at the next NaNo.

:)

Gray skies are gonna clear up.

Put on a happy emoticon...

-Thoth

We all know the misery of an unbacked-up drive. But look on the bright side. You can rewrite it at the next NaNo.

:unsure:

Gray skies are gonna clear up.

Put on a happy emoticon...

-Thoth

If I was Calli, I'd probably hurl an EAO.

IF

I can't even really remember what the heck I wrote. Probably wasn't memorable. :) But it WAS 50k words, for what they're worth. (nothing! :unsure: )

A century from now literary archeologists will be making their bones retrieving the Missing Callista Masterpiece from the ether.

There'll be parades and cake.

- Thoth.

Archived