Storyist Forums

As of Yet Untitled...

astillac

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much, Thoth. The workstation is a little different now that we moved (had to get rid of the desks) but it's changed for the better, if not less cluttered. Smooshies were my clay sketches. I would basically whip out a portrait in clay as fast as I could and then destroy it and use the same clay for the next day. Very therapeutic. As soon as I find some clay here in NH, I'm going to start it again. Though I may need a space heater for my hands. Or I might have to wait until summer.

Waitin' for midnight...

- Calli

Thanks Steve. :)

Well, I did 1882 yesterday, which isn't horrible, but is far less than what I wanted. (3k) I'm going to chalk it up to this wicked cough. I've managed to get out of two social situations today, (again, because of the cough) so hopefully I can manage to sit here all day and carve away at the word count. Rawr.

Or maybe I'll draw more.

- Calli

Thanks Steve. :)

Well, I did 1882 yesterday, which isn't horrible, but is far less than what I wanted. (3k) I'm going to chalk it up to this wicked cough. I've managed to get out of two social situations today, (again, because of the cough) so hopefully I can manage to sit here all day and carve away at the word count. Rawr.

Or maybe I'll draw more.

- Calli

1882? Thats money in the bank!

Interestingly enough, feeling a little under the weather sometimes helps me focus. Happy carving.

-Steve

Yeah, I'm going to make myself some soup, put it in a cup, and just go to town. I'll report back later!

Goodness! You have a cough, Steve's recovering from the flu, and we're barely out of October yet.

What's felling our happy band? :)

Hope you both feel better soon.

Have been typing madly on research notes all weekend because of needing to return a book to Interlibrary Loan on Monday, but I met with my critique group yesterday and am raring to go on the novel as soon as I finish recording all this great material....

Happy writing, all, :)

Best,

M

The soup is actually helping immensely. It feels soooo good on my throat. :)

And my husband is gone all day, so I can really just be all slobby and awesome. Yay no makeup!

Off to do the next 2k!

She who will reach 4k today, damn it all,

- Calli

The soup is actually helping immensely. It feels soooo good on my throat. :)

And my husband is gone all day, so I can really just be all slobby and awesome. Yay no makeup!

Off to do the next 2k!

She who will reach 4k today, damn it all,

- Calli

You go, sloppy, bare-faced, awesome girl!

-Thoth.

Hey, I'm on the mend. And you seem (suspiciously) healthy.

Mending,

-Thoth.

And we're all glad to hear it. But you gotta admit, three out of five sick or recovering at once sounds rather daunting.

Don't jinx Isaac and me! Someone has to send the bouquets and make the chicken soup (perhaps you'd prefer blueberry overmuffins?). :)

Keep mending. Hope the wheelchair company paid up handsomely.

Best wishes,

M

...you gotta admit, three out of five sick or recovering at once sounds rather daunting.

Indeed. Suspiciously daunting. :) Could someone have spiked the overmuffins?

Don't jinx Isaac and me! Someone has to send the bouquets and make the chicken soup.

Wasn't Isaac selling used opermuffins? Hmmm. <_<

Keep mending. Hope the wheelchair company paid up handsomely.

I am obliged to say only, "no comment." ;)

Be well, Lady M.

-Thoth.

Indeed. Suspiciously daunting. :) Could someone have spiked the overmuffins?

Wasn't Isaac selling used opermuffins? Hmmm. <_>

Be well, Lady M.

-Thoth.

There you go. You always need to be careful when you buy things online! ;)

Get your flu shots, everyone!

Best,

M

You always need to be careful when you buy things online! :)

Unless you're buying Storyist, of course.

Get your flu shots, everyone!

<_<

The main problems with flu shots are:

1) Many people react badly to them. It may even be better getting the flu than suffering a bad flu shot reaction. My brother lost his spleen (his only purple organ ***sigh***) to the Swine Flu Vaccine way back when.

2) A flu vaccine is strain specific. It can protect you from the strain they think will be hitting our shores this flu season, as well as several related strains. But there are countless viral strains of influenza. Often people get their flu shots and still get the flu because they pick up a different (often more common) strain.

3) The government's vaccine program is a windfall for Big Pharma so their motivations are suspect. They never mention points one and two in their ads. Nor do they ever state the efficacy of the proffered vaccine (90% effective? 20% effective? Placebo equivalent? It happens.).

Having said all of this, young school kids, the sick and the elderly--in fact, anyone with an impaired immune system--should seriously consider taking the shot. It's a gamble, but so is life (unless you're an Evil Alien Overlady).

Double ;) ,

-Thoth.

Oh no, Issac has been peddling used, spiked overmuffins? For shame! No wonder he's be quiet lately.

He's skulking. The skulker. Afraid to show his muffin-crumb be-speckled face, I'll wager.

Only 211 words so far today, but I have my soup (chicken and potato this time!) and I'm plugging away at 'em!

But 211 words in how much time? I'm curious.

Curious,

-Thoth.

BTW: We haven't heard about Steve's NaNo progress. What with him in a sickbed, and still busily developing my bookmarks, as well as NaNoing, he's probably averaging only about 10,000 words a day.

But 211 words in how much time? I'm curious.

Erm, in about an hour. I'm about halfway done now, but I certainly haven't been focused on it.

BTW: We haven't heard about Steve's NaNo progress. What with him in a sickbed, and still busily developing my bookmarks, as well as NaNoing, he's probably averaging only about 10,000 words a day.

:)

Yeah. Can you tell I didn't finish it? ;)

You did say you were bored with it. But don't dismiss the "floating head following her around idea" out of hand. Perhaps only she can see it. Perhaps she's loony. All kind of plot lines are possible with a loony. And you don't have to worry overly much about the character logic.

-Thoth.

Archived