Storyist Forums

When will Verion 2 be available?

gina171

Hey there, just using the trial now but my days are slipping away and it's about time to open the wallet and buy. Should I wait until Version 2, or will there be an easy way to update to Version 2? I read somewhere else that anyone who has bought since October 2008 will get a free upgrade to Version 2, is this right?

Also, Steve could we see a peek of the Collage mode? I am super visual and this is the main reason I like Storyist over the competition. do you have a screenshot we could see, and can you control the image size within the program (shrink or expand it as necessary?)? And how will the new Annotations work? The ability to add notes/annotations (or margin notes) to the text is critical to me, I would love to see how you are doing this before I purchase. Could we see a screenshot, please? Dying to get a peek at Version 2 beyond what you've posted on the Sneak Peek page on the Storyist website.

So when will Version 2 be available for purchase? Hope everything went well at the convention and that you were a big hit!

--Gina--

Hey there, just using the trial now but my days are slipping away and it's about time to open the wallet and buy. Should I wait until Version 2, or will there be an easy way to update to Version 2? I read somewhere else that anyone who has bought since October 2008 will get a free upgrade to Version 2, is this right?

Also, Steve could we see a peek of the Collage mode? I am super visual and this is the main reason I like Storyist over the competition. do you have a screenshot we could see, and can you control the image size within the program (shrink or expand it as necessary?)? And how will the new Annotations work? The ability to add notes/annotations (or margin notes) to the text is critical to me, I would love to see how you are doing this before I purchase. Could we see a screenshot, please? Dying to get a peek at Version 2 beyond what you've posted on the Sneak Peek page on the Storyist website.

So when will Version 2 be available for purchase? Hope everything went well at the convention and that you were a big hit!

--Gina--

Hi Gina,

Yes, Storyist was very well received at Macworld.

Version 2 will be out at the end of February. Anyone who purchased Storyist after 9/1/08 will receive a free upgrade.

I'll try to put together some more info on version 2 features (your list is a good place to start), but realistically, I won't be able to do so until the end of next week at the earliest. I apologize for that.

If you want to wait until then to decide, I can send you a temporary license to extend your current trial period. Send me a PM with your name and email address and I'll get it right out to you.

-Steve

Go for it Gina! (The temporary license, that is.) Steve has never let us down. And about the extra screenshots: from your lips to Steve's ears. I wouldn't mind seeing some detailed screenshots of the bookmark function. Maybe Steve would add that to the list you suggested. (C'mon Steve, you knew I'd ask.)

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the forum, Gina. Welcome.

-Thoth.

Archived