Storyist Forums
emoKid

Would you play an online game...

Okay...

I have a quick question.

Would you play an online game about deceiving others? Like you login and you get grouped with friends (or strangers) in a round of games where one person is "the killer" (or wolf or fox) and everyone else are potential victims (or sheep or rabbits or other cute defenseless creatures). There's a page for the game in play and the goal is to find out who the killer is (or make people think you're not the killer). You can open chat boxes with the other players and post on the wall. Then every 2 days, you votes for who you think the killer is (or you pick the next victim). Then those 2 people are removed (the one people think are the killer and the one who is the victim if they choose incorrectly for who the killer was). People win if they choose the correct person for the killer, or the killer wins when there are less than 3 players.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm debating about what type of site to make next and I want to do a game... The site would be like a social/game site (no personal information would be collected at all due to the game's premise and some strange people on the web). People get points for winning and can rank up. Once they get enough points, they can choose to be "the killer" or not and get special things on there profile page.

Would it make a good site, or should I think of some other ideas. :P I'm not a freak I swear, I've just watched one too many horror movies lately. :huh:

For starters, I would not post a game idea in a public forum where someone else can anonymously steal it.

For just about any game idea, there is an audience. It is up to you to make it fun and advertise it.

IF

For starters, I would not post a game idea in a public forum where someone else can anonymously steal it.

For just about any game idea, there is an audience. It is up to you to make it fun and advertise it.

IF

I don't think there's a real problem with posting it in a public forum (personally); it's a question of how well can it be implemented.

I already have a group aiding me in planning and ideas on how to make it more entertaining, but I'm not too sure on how it'll be advertised yet :P

I don't think there's a real problem with posting it in a public forum (personally); it's a question of how well can it be implemented.

I already have a group aiding me in planning and ideas on how to make it more entertaining, but I'm not too sure on how it'll be advertised yet :P

Not sure what platform you are targeting, but if this is a pure web app, there are a bunch of advertising options. You can go with the obvious biggie that promises to target your ads, or you can go with some smaller advertisers who specialize in smaller markets. It just requires a little homework.

Have you given any thought to your price model? Is it ad supported? Do you charge a subscription fee? Is there a bit of both?

IF

Have you given any thought to your price model? Is it ad supported? Do you charge a subscription fee? Is there a bit of both?

IF

I believe it's going to be ad supported. I'm not really looking to make money off of it, but I'm hoping it can support itself just a little bit.