Storyist Forums

Chapter Sheets, Story Sheet.

Steve E

Hi all,

I know I've touched on this before but I thought I'd make it official.

I see a real value in having a Chapter Sheet for chapter data, chapter notes and summaries. I've been putting such information in each chapter's first Section Sheet but (let's face it) it really doesn't belong there.

I've been putting information relating to the entire story into the Notebook but, again, such information really deserves its own Story Sheet. In one sense, Plot Sheets do this but I see the Story Sheet as the location of the (dreaded) Story Synopsis as well as other (perhaps automated) information such as Story statistics. (Word count, page count, scene or section count, etcetera.) It might even have a part for keeping track of who received a copy and how they reacted. ("Here's a zillion bucks and the souls of my grandchildren", versus, "Die a painful gooey death you evil hellspawn" or perhaps something in between.)

Any thoughts?

-Thoth.

I have to agree here that having chapter sheets would be nice. In particular, chapter synopses would aid me in my outlining process.

(I will refrain from going into my suggestions for additional outlining functionality - that discussion is in the index card thread).

Archived