Storyist Forums
Steakpirate

Open Recent Item Button (On Startup)

Heya folks. I just realized that it's a little ridiculous that it's easier to open Storyist, hit cancel for the create a document thing, and hit open recent then it is to navigate to the file from Open an existing file. Can we get an open recent dropdown on the Startup box?

Thankies,

SP

Heya folks. I just realized that it's a little ridiculous that it's easier to open Storyist, hit cancel for the create a document thing, and hit open recent then it is to navigate to the file from Open an existing file. Can we get an open recent dropdown on the Startup box?

Thankies,

SP

Well, there is the File>Open Recent command. It provides your dropdown on recently opened files. But yeah, I can see an Open Recent button on the template selection screen too, right next to the Open an Existing File button. I could even see an Open Last button.

Your Welcome-ies, me hearty bucko, arrr,

-Thoth

I just pop my manuscript in the document section of my dock. Click on that, it opens Storyist.

Like this:

dock.jpg

Yes, I do that too, with one alteration. I keep the whole folder for my current project in the dock, so I can snap it open and double-click my .story file. I never go through the opening dialogue if I can help it (although a preference setting that I could set to open "Last Saved" would be cool, as I work on the same file for months at a time).

Best,

M

Yes, I do that too, with one alteration. I keep the whole folder for my current project in the dock, so I can snap it open and double-click my .story file. I never go through the opening dialogue if I can help it (although a preference setting that I could set to open "Last Saved" would be cool, as I work on the same file for months at a time).

Best,

M

Understood. My dock is far less pristine. With my 500GB internal hard drive I have no restraint downloading applications so my dock is quite crowded. I just thinks it's a little ridiculous that you have to jump through the hoop of closing the thing that opens by default to get to the file you want.

You can tell that I'm American in that I prefer my applications to cater to me rather than the other way around :huh:

I made a similar request a couple years ago. Did that make it into the queue?

IF

I made a similar request a couple years ago. Did that make it into the queue?

Yes, along with the ability to configure Storyist to open the last edited document on launch.

I've also got some requests to display more info for people who are running Storyist for the first time and am considering a "project center" for 2.1.

-Steve