Storyist Forums

When's the Big Day for V2?

gina171

Hey Steve, I am loving Storyist, and I was wondering when's the big day for V2?

I am having a slight issue with typing and not having the characters show up for a loooong time (happens when I highlight and try to delete to type over the highlight as well), so I was thinking perhaps I should just buy the new V2 fresh as a daisy, rather than try to buy this version and upgrade/convert my license? Would that help?

I have a brand new MacBook Pro, Mac OS X Version 10.5.6, if that helps diagnose the issue (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory)

Thanks, can hardly wait for V2 ....or some screenshots of the notes/annotations feature and the Collage Mode!

--Gina--

Hi Gina,

Hey Steve, I am loving Storyist, and I was wondering when's the big day for V2?

Thanks!

V2 is still in beta and release date will depend on when the bugs are squashed. The number of new features and some Tiger compatibility issues have given the beta team a lot to chew on.

I am having a slight issue with typing and not having the characters show up for a loooong time (happens when I highlight and try to delete to type over the highlight as well),

If you can provide some more info on how to reproduce this, I'd be happy to take a look for you.

so I was thinking perhaps I should just buy the new V2 fresh as a daisy, rather than try to buy this version and upgrade/convert my license? Would that help?

Jump in when you feel comfortable. V2 will be compatible with any V1 projects, and while the license will change, the upgrade should smooth.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro, Mac OS X Version 10.5.6, if that helps diagnose the issue (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory)

This is a great machine. You shouldn't be seeing a significant slowdown.

Thanks, can hardly wait for V2

Me too. We're working hard to get it out; the beta team is doing a great job keeping me busy.

....or some screenshots of the notes/annotations feature and the Collage Mode!

Noted (pun intended) :P

-Steve

Hi Gina,

Thanks!

V2 is still in beta and release date will depend on when the bugs are squashed. The number of new features and some Tiger compatibility issues have given the beta team a lot to chew on.

If you can provide some more info on how to reproduce this, I'd be happy to take a look for you.

Jump in when you feel comfortable. V2 will be compatible with any V1 projects, and while the license will change, the upgrade should smooth.

This is a great machine. You shouldn't be seeing a significant slowdown.

Me too. We're working hard to get it out; the beta team is doing a great job keeping me busy.

Noted (pun intended) :P

-Steve

Thanks for your reply, and for taking the time to ensure everything is stable. While we're all eager to jump in with V2, ultimately it's best to get it when it's truly ready for prime time. So thanks for your hard word (and thanks to the Beta team as well!)

--Gina-- :P

Archived