Storyist Forums

Screen shots?

btjeppesen

Hey Steve,

So, I hate to say it, but for the first time in over a year, I actually debated between Storyist and Scrivener. Wait, don't shoot me! Give me a second to explain. It's been very tough sticking with Storyist due to its lack of a fullscreen mode. Right now, I'm getting ready to begin a new project, and am stuck deciding between the two applications. Scrivener has a fullscreen mode that is really nice. But I like the organizational features of Storyist. I know the new version of Storyist has fullscreen coming, but you had said it would be released last month, and also hinted at possibly putting up additional screenshots. None of these have happened. I'm all for taking the time you need to take to make the new Storyist as stable as possible before release, but can we at least get those screenshots? If I could see Storyist's fullscreen mode, and maybe some of the other features, I'm sure there'd be no question between the two applications. I'd just hate to start the project in Storyist under the assumption that fullscreen will be done well, then discover it's not and I have to switch over mid-project. Please, give us something to look forward to.

Sorry, had to do it,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I don't know when Steve will be able to get back to you (soon I'm sure) but, as a member of the illustrious Beta Group, allow me to assure you that you have nothing to worry about. Steve is on the case.

Scrivener? Pvvvtt!

-Thoth.

Hey Steve,

So, I hate to say it, but for the first time in over a year, I actually debated between Storyist and Scrivener. Wait, don't shoot me! Give me a second to explain. It's been very tough sticking with Storyist due to its lack of a fullscreen mode. Right now, I'm getting ready to begin a new project, and am stuck deciding between the two applications. Scrivener has a fullscreen mode that is really nice. But I like the organizational features of Storyist. I know the new version of Storyist has fullscreen coming, but you had said it would be released last month, and also hinted at possibly putting up additional screenshots. None of these have happened. I'm all for taking the time you need to take to make the new Storyist as stable as possible before release, but can we at least get those screenshots? If I could see Storyist's fullscreen mode, and maybe some of the other features, I'm sure there'd be no question between the two applications. I'd just hate to start the project in Storyist under the assumption that fullscreen will be done well, then discover it's not and I have to switch over mid-project. Please, give us something to look forward to.

Sorry, had to do it,

Brian

Hi, Brian:

Do you know that you can hide the storyboard, project pane, and toolbar and put the manuscript in normal mode, thus creating the functional equivalent of full screen mode whenever you like? All that's left is the tiny menu bar across the top of the screen (personally, one of the things I hate about full-screen mode is that it hides the menus).

Not a single-keystroke solution, I know, but a worthy alternative for those who love full screen--and since Storyist remembers how you left your workspace, it shouldn't be a huge hassle to maintain once you've set it up.

But as Thoth notes, Steve has had that feature on his list for some time. I expect you'll see it soon.

Best,

Marguerite

I'd just hate to start the project in Storyist under the assumption that fullscreen will be done well, then discover it's not and I have to switch over mid-project. Please, give us something to look forward to.

Hi Brian,

First, thanks for sticking with Storyist even though it lacked a feature you would really like it to have. I appreciate the support.

You can rest assured that full screen mode is a 2.0 feature. I'll try to post a screen cast in the next couple of days so folks can see what is coming.

-Steve

Hi Brian,

First, thanks for sticking with Storyist even though it lacked a feature you would really like it to have. I appreciate the support.

You can rest assured that full screen mode is a 2.0 feature. I'll try to post a screen cast in the next couple of days so folks can see what is coming.

-Steve

Awesome. I would very much appreciate that. I know about removing the different toolbars and side panels as was mentioned above your post, but that's just not the same as a true fullscreen mode. If I can see a tool bar, menu bar, dock, or anything other than the surface I am writing on, I find myself tempted to surf the ol' youtube or wikipedia, or to spend hours posting Yahoo! Answers. In short, it's tough to do much of any writing when you're a compulsive web browser. After all, I'm browsing right now. I should be hunting down photos of my protagonists daughter, so I could get back to work.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I will be eagerly awaiting the possible screen cast.

Brian

Archived