Storyist Forums

Pagination options?

CoreKnell

Greetings,

I'm really enjoying using Storyist, but have run into something I can't find a fix for. Is there a way to tell the header not to paginate the first page of a manuscript? Short story submissions, for instance, require their own header information at the top of the first page, and it looks pretty silly having the "Page 1" header floating just above the word count. I know that a lot of other word processors have options to omit the header on page 1, but I don't see that anywhere in my options. The Edit Style menu for the header provides some pagination options, but nothing like this; and it doesn't seem like creating a new style will help, since this is page-specific behavior.

Am I missing something? If not, I guess I need to take this to the Feature Request forum. :lol:

Thanks!

Greetings,

I'm really enjoying using Storyist, but have run into something I can't find a fix for. Is there a way to tell the header not to paginate the first page of a manuscript? Short story submissions, for instance, require their own header information at the top of the first page, and it looks pretty silly having the "Page 1" header floating just above the word count. I know that a lot of other word processors have options to omit the header on page 1, but I don't see that anywhere in my options. The Edit Style menu for the header provides some pagination options, but nothing like this; and it doesn't seem like creating a new style will help, since this is page-specific behavior.

Am I missing something? If not, I guess I need to take this to the Feature Request forum. :lol:

Thanks!

Hi CoreKnell,

You're not missing anything. I've already got a feature request open for this.

-Steve

• 2 months later...

I'm running into the same problem. I'm using the Short Story Template, and have done plenty of page layout design, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the first page different.

For my novel, I just went ahead a generated a front page that was totally different. But for a Short Story I'm having to contemplate whiteout. Ugh.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm running into the same problem. I'm using the Short Story Template, and have done plenty of page layout design, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the first page different.

For my novel, I just went ahead a generated a front page that was totally different. But for a Short Story I'm having to contemplate whiteout. Ugh.

As a temporary solution, I would recommend creating a notes page and formatting it as you like, and simply printing it separately and plopping it on top of your packet as a cover page.

(Although this might not do you any good two months later :X)

• 2 months later...

Archived