Storyist Forums

ETA for V2 or screenshots?

gina171

Version 2 looks smokin' in the preview! It blows Scrivener out the water. You should definitely give this a push when you're ready. Scrivener upgraded to 1.5 on March 1st and it was a small upgrade. Version 2 of Scrivener won't be ready until late this year (the developer says there is no timescale but later in the year - so that means late in the year).

You actually implemented the one thing that I thought was not going to be done by anybody with the work-spaces thing. I have got to touch it.

This is going to be great.

Dispatching dripping little brutes? Sound pretty maternal to me. But then, my childhood has had its peculiarities.

But once we've wrung every last drop of bug juice from V2 then everything will be sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and (how does that song go again?) and paradise will reign over the world for ever and ever amen (or until V3). :lol:

-Thoth.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Still steaming over having gotten hung up on the "sell your soul" paragraph in the Beta Testers Agreement, so that I failed to read the fine print about the first born. Could have saved myself 3 years of college tuition. Just think, If I'd sent the first born to Steve, by now he'd be a full-fledged skin-dripping apprentice, ready to wreak havoc on BT's keyboard. :)

Isaac has three offspring. Something to think on, Isaac. You'd still have two in reserve.

I actually still prefer 1.5, although the workspaces thing is very cool. But then, I'm not into Full Screen Mode. I like being able to see my characters as I write about them. Being able to have a character, note, or setting sheet and the manuscript on screen simultaneously, though, will be a big plus.

And V. 2 has bookmarks, although they were still running for their lives last time I checked. :)

M

...Still steaming over having gotten hung up on the "sell your soul" paragraph in the Beta Testers Agreement, so that I failed to read the fine print about the first born. Could have saved myself 3 years of college tuition. ...

It's a common mistake, what with most mortals not having microscopic vision. Still, have you considered just renting your soul? You know, like lawyers do."

...Just think, If I'd sent the first born to Steve, by now he'd be a full-fledged skin-dripping apprentice, ready to wreak havoc on BT's keyboard. :lol: ...

Yeah but we wouldn't do that to BT, would we? Sticky keys **shudder**

Isaac has three offspring. Something to think on, Isaac. You'd still have two in reserve.

Three? Where did you hear that? I thought he just cloned himself twice to avoid the King Lear Paradox.

I actually still prefer 1.5, although the workspaces thing is very cool. But then, I'm not into Full Screen Mode. I like being able to see my characters as I write about them. Being able to have a character, note, or setting sheet and the manuscript on screen simultaneously, though, will be a big plus.

I'm in complete agreement with you. But will Storyist implement workspaces in Tiger?

And V. 2 has bookmarks, although they were still running for their lives last time I checked. :)

Oh my poor suffering bookmarks. I hope they're fixed before I get too comfortable with the "***Comment" method I've been using in V1.

Best, right back at'cha.

-Thoth.

It's a common mistake, what with most mortals not having microscopic vision. Still, have you considered just renting your soul? You know, like lawyers do."

Too late. My soul already belongs to Storyist. I was merely bemoaning my stupidity in not surrendering my first born before the tuition bills started pouring in. He'd have made a lovely skin-dripper, and it's always good to have a profession with real growth potential.

Yeah but we wouldn't do that to BT, would we? Sticky keys **shudder**

Well, the "Little School Girl" problem seems more serious. It's hard to get one's students to snap to it under those circumstances. But we should withhold judgment till we see what kind of bug reports he submits, don't you think? :lol:

I'm in complete agreement with you. But will Storyist implement workspaces in Tiger?

Best, right back at'cha.

-Thoth.

Aren't the workspaces just the multiple screens? I know there was talk of using the Spaces feature in Leopard, but I had in mind the capacity to display more than one document element in different screens.

This conversation is so going to get moved to Procrastination Station. :)

M

Aren't the workspaces just the multiple screens? I know there was talk of using the Spaces feature in Leopard, but I had in mind the capacity to display more than one document element in different screens.

The workspace management features in Storyist 2 are separate (and do not depend on) Spaces in Leopard.

A Storyist workspace is a collection of window state that lets you return to a layout quickly.

-Steve

This conversation is so going to get moved to Procrastination Station. :lol:

Yeah. Gina171 had a perfectly nice Feature Request for screenshots going here before we all mucked up the thread.

My name is Thoth (sort of) and I'm a thread mucker. It's been almost 2 seconds since I've mucked up a thread.

Eleven more steps to go.

-Thoth.

The workspace management features in Storyist 2 are separate (and do not depend on) Spaces in Leopard.

A Storyist workspace is a collection of window state that lets you return to a layout quickly.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve. It's nice to know you're still out there, beyond the glow of our cosy campfire, listening.

-Thoth.

Archived