Storyist Forums

PDF, Webpage, Viewing & Word Count Wishlist

Joolissa

the "here" link appears to be broken, but in numerous search-skim-read-laugh-search again attempts I have managed to gather the following information, be it accurate or not....

Overmuffins are hurled by Evil Alien Overladies

Thoth might well have tagged every other car on the B train with his name in turquoise

Thoth broke his humerous, was thought to have found religion, be a drug lord, or have been dragged off by an EAO and was sent overmuffins of love, but not over-roses

that overmuffins became evil and alien on their own and then recruited some cookies to join the EAOver- gang

then there was something about kilts and pants... and a side-trip to Mongolia.... o.O

.... does Calli have a dA account as well as a flickr? .......

Unfortunately I did not find the origin or definition of overmuffins or exactly what the "over" is... I'm imagining aliens cooking pop-overs that somehow turned into muffins.. and that upset the aliens.. so they proceeded to throw them....

I think someone fed the original thread to the filing cabinet in the lower basement in the corner where light doesn't reach and strange things happen, like the filing cabinet growing fangs....

- Jules

Jules, your research skills are excellent.

Over(muffin) and out.

-Thoth.

BTW: Some have suggested that we gather some of the threads together and publish them. Its been done, actually, and we have a thread on that ... somewhere.

the "here" link appears to be broken.

Unfortunately I did not find the origin or definition of overmuffins or exactly what the "over" is... I'm imagining aliens cooking pop-overs that somehow turned into muffins.. and that upset the aliens.. so they proceeded to throw them....

I think someone fed the original thread to the filing cabinet in the lower basement in the corner where light doesn't reach and strange things happen, like the filing cabinet growing fangs....

- Jules

Sorry, Jules. I didn't realize that link went to the beta area. The Evil Alien Overlords transitioned into overmuffin-hurling Evil Alien Overladies (EAOs for short) here in Procrastination Station, which is where these posts will end up when Steve ("the Man") Shepard gets back from the WWDC and moves them. ;)

The post you can't see reads:

FYI: Overmuffins are special baked goods created by Evil Alien Overlords and Evil Alien Overladies as gifts (e.g., "Enjoy this Overmuffin") and weaponry (e.g., "I hurl this Overmuffin at you for your own good! Take that, naughty poster!"). The Overmuffin has been known to accumulate both mystical power and collector's value (if not removed from its original packaging) and so is both treasured and feared.

I am submitting this definition to the OED and OAD acquisition boards for their consideration.

Your Observant,

Thoth.

Your research skills are indeed commendable. And BTW, you qualify as an EAO—full or in training; it's an honor system—if you care to claim the title. The other side get to be Evil Alien Overlords, but their access to overmuffins is limited.

Some belated over-roses to you, Thoth, on your recovery. You can see Julia has the right EAO instincts. :)

Best,

Marguerite

hehehehe! You guys are a hoot. I can tell I'm going to have to start loitering around and begin baking some overmuffins to have when the need arises, which if hase returns bearing booby-trapped carrots or acme rockets might be sooner than expected!

Random tidbit:

skulk: noun - a group of foxes

now off to bake some overmuffins...... does one need a special over-oven or do regular ovens work as well?

- Jules

hehehehe! You guys are a hoot. I can tell I'm going to have to start loitering around and begin baking some overmuffins to have when the need arises, which if hase returns bearing booby-trapped carrots or acme rockets might be sooner than expected!

now off to bake some overmuffins...... does one need a special over-oven or do regular ovens work as well?

- Jules

Oh, no, not the booby-trapped carrots!

Back, Hase, back! Carrot overmuffins with cream-cheese frosting heading your way (don't let Thoth snatch them all--his overmuffin-catching skills are legendary)!

A special batch for you, Jules, to celebrate your achievement of the coveted second square (make 30 posts, and you attain the third square, Advanced Member status, and eternal bliss). :)

No over-oven is required. The touch of an EAO's hand (or wooden spoon) determines the over-quality of the product.

Best,

M

Some belated over-roses to you, Thoth, on your recovery.

Thank you. Your good wishes are always appreciated, gentle (evil) overlady.

You can see Julia has the right EAO instincts. :lol:

Indeed. Perhaps she has some interest in becoming a bug hunter for Steve. (There's no money in it Jules but you get to play with the beta versions and get to eat all the bugs you catch. Yum!)

-Thoth.

Random tidbit: According to Mel Blanc (who would know), Bugs Bunny was born in Da Glorious Bronx. All his Elmer Fud interactions take place in the north Bronx. Further tidbit: "fud", in Scottish and British dialect, refers to the rump, especially the tail of a rabbit.

The new Focus command narrows the text that is displayed to a single section, so you can focus on the work at hand.

Hi Julia,

Unfortunately, the focus feature did not make the 2.0 release. There are a couple of edge cases that I need to fix (e.g. editing text in a split view in such manner that it crosses a boundary of a focused view in another split). It will be in the 2.1 release.

-Steve

If only I'd know eternal bliss was so easy to achieve before! Here I come 30 posts! ..... wait..... does this mean that Thoth has achieved nirvana with his 1,698 posts???

Thanks for the Muffins M!

Thoth that Bugs bunny thing is too funny! I love hidden ironies like that.

Steve, no worries. I can wait on that. I'm more concerned about the PDF thing.

Bug hunting does sound fun. What is involved and how do I sign up??

- J

If only I'd know eternal bliss was so easy to achieve before! Here I come 30 posts! ..... wait..... does this mean that Thoth has achieved nirvana with his 1,698 posts???

Thanks for the Muffins M!

Bug hunting does sound fun. What is involved and how do I sign up??

- J

Thoth the Enlightened, reincarnated to shepherd the rest of us on our way.... :)

On the muffins, you're most welcome.

I see you figured out how to become a bug hunter, so I'll go off and welcome you in the beta region.

Best,

M

P.S. Just ignore Beavis. Honestly, guys! :P

P.S. Just ignore Beavis. Honestly, guys! :)

:P

Larry King, who normally doesn't crack jokes, once said (I think I have this right): "You got 'em. We want 'em. But if we had 'em, we wouldn't want 'em." I've never seen him with his shirt off but I think he has them.

- Thoth the (almost) Enlightened. (Still working on it. Maybe when I hit 2000...)

Thanks for the welcome! I have indeed learned much already, though I am definitely going to chime in and say that V2 should come with a very comprehensive user manual and screen cast tutorials. I was ecstatic when I was watching one that I found and learned that I could create my own collections! That let me separate my race/species sheets from my character sheets. Ah-mazing. lol

I'm rolling my eyes in your general direction Thoth. =P

Archived