Storyist Forums

Countdown to Post #5000

marguerite

We're getting close, guys. Who gets to make the magic post and win ... absolutely nothing? :D

I think Thoth or Steve should claim the prize, for extraordinary service under fire--that is, to the forums.

And does Isaac get credit (he predicted we would reach this point in early May) or Thoth (July 4)? Looks like the actual date will fall almost exactly halfway between the bets.

Go, Storyists, go! A round of overmuffins to everyone!

Marguerite

And does Isaac get credit (he predicted we would reach this point in early May) or Thoth (July 4)? Looks like the actual date will fall almost exactly halfway between the bets.

So no one is going to win the Over-Cake? In that case everyone gets a slice.

cake4.jpg

(Note the 16 cherries. Can you guess what each represents?)

So no one is going to win the Over-Cake? In that case everyone gets a slice.

(Note the 16 cherries. Can you guess what each represents?)

Are there really 16 beta testers?

Yum. Thanks for sharing the Overcake. And great fireworks, too. :D

Happy bug hunting this weekend,

Starting the next 5,000,

Marguerite

Nope. Think more...er...me.

Hmm. I think it's time for a lady to step back and practice discretion, in that case. :lol:

Any thoughts on when we'll hit 10,000, Marguerite?

Thoth.

I'd say it depends on when Steve begins work on V3, since beta-testing V2 accounted for about 800 posts.

Doing my bit to get us there, though.

M

Hmm. I think it's time for a lady to step back and practice discretion, in that case. :lol:

It is the better part of valor, or so I'm told. But I'd prefer you not think I was a cad, given what cherries often represent in the interpersonal arena. So: one cherry for each of 100 Thoth posts (total 1600 posts). It was a contest about posts, after all.

I'd say it depends on when Steve begins work on V3, since beta-testing V2 accounted for about 800 posts.

Doing my bit to get us there, though.

M

I'm stepping back from beta testing for a little while. Beyond my own personal time constraints, V2 methodology keeps changing (which is Steve's prerogative) but it (and the consequent newborn bugs) are sending my blood pressure to unsafe levels (and I don't have pills for that).

Your own single-click/double-click/option-click conversation with Steve was helpful but also served to highlight the intuitive use problem. His screencast was also useful but he did some things off-screen which baffled me. You?

-Thoth.

It is the better part of valor, or so I'm told. But I'd prefer you not think I was a cad, given what cherries often represent in the interpersonal arena. So: one cherry for each of 100 Thoth posts (total 1600 posts). It was a contest about posts, after all.

Clever. And good to know. :lol:

I'm stepping back from beta testing for a little while. Beyond my own personal time constraints, V2 methodology keeps changing (which is Steve's prerogative) but it (and the consequent newborn bugs) are sending my blood pressure to unsafe levels (and I don't have pills for that).

Your own single-click/double-click/option-click conversation with Steve was helpful but also served to highlight the intuitive use problem. His screencast was also useful but he did some things off-screen which baffled me. You?

-Thoth.

I understand, but please reconsider. I'm hoping he's settled on a format now. Otherwise, V2 will never appear, but will merely undergo endless rounds of beta testing while the full-screen aficionados grind their pearly whites to dust and all the regulars' blood pressure goes through the roof (Steve's too, probably).

I have to go check out the screencast. I discovered the link just before shutting down one day and have been too busy to hunt it out. But once I understood what was happening, I didn't have much trouble navigating. The real issue will be setting up some kind of tutorial to help all those accustomed to V1 to make the switch.

Best,

M

I understand, but please reconsider.

I'm not dropping out, M. Just taking a break. You and Hase have been doing great and, frankly, I think my recent contributions to the Beta Forum were pretty weak. I really haven't been putting in the time it deserves because of other commitments. (And V2 was making me nuts. Less so now.)

-Thoth.

I'm not dropping out, M. Just taking a break. You and Hase have been doing great and, frankly, I think my recent contributions to the Beta Forum were pretty weak. I really haven't been putting in the time it deserves because of other commitments. (And V2 was making me nuts. Less so now.)

-Thoth.

Well, you have certainly done yeoman service in the past. We'll miss your input, though! Hope the next beta is the final (bet Steve hopes that, too). :lol:

M

Archived