Storyist Forums

Of muffins and overwords

codemer

The minister's cat is a kerfuffled cat. :o

Not my turn, I know, but I skipped a few.

M

I once knew a cat named Kerfuffle. Well, I knew him as well as any human can know a cat, which is exactly as much as he'll let you.

-Thoth.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's two o's in the alphabet? :o

There are no o's in "alphabet" but there are three in "obstreporous" (Brian) so it averages out.

Big words are so much more fun than small ones (Isaac) but (Brian) we may have to assess M a penalty. Thirty lashes in Hase's dungeon with a wet noodle? Will the Golden Lynx come to her rescue? Tune in for the further exciting adventures of "The Minister's Cat". (Cue music.)

I once knew a cat named Kerfuffle. Well, I knew him as well as any human can know a cat, which is exactly as much as he'll let you.

-Thoth.

I think Kerfuffle (or Kerfluffle) is the secret name of all cats, reflecting their inner state.

Kerfluffled,

M

Oops. Missed this page. :unsure: Guess there are now!

Slinks away,

M

P.S. The minister's cat is a quotidian cat.

I hiss at your penalty. :P

Is this your everyday quotidian hiss or one denoting the malignant form of malaria? Inquiring minds want to know.

Okay everbody, R is up for grabs. Remember that Jules called dibs on S (in post #52 of this thread) and then went on vacation or to a concert or something. Did she bring her laptop?

Wondering whether she just brought her own game to a crashing halt,

-Thoth.

The Minister's cat is a nefarious cat

just because that sounds so much smarter than "nice"... lol!

The Minister's cat is an ostentatious cat.

Ha! You didn't think I could use that many syllables, did you!

IF

I'm still here yet! I fell into a coma for a while from being sleep deprived and now I'm going to go dig up some earth worms to feed my turtles. I'm not off on vaca until tuesday or wednesday. =D

Since we're all adding Os.... The Minister's Cat is an odoriferous cat.

*waits for S*

I'm still here yet! I fell into a coma for a while from being sleep deprived and now I'm going to go dig up some earth worms to feed my turtles. I'm not off on vaca until tuesday or wednesday. =D

Then who will feed the turtles?

Since we're all adding Os.... The Minister's Cat is an odoriferous cat.

No, not all of us...

You, Julia did nefarious.

Then Brian, following the rules (heaven help me), did objectionable.

M, breaking the rules, did obstreporous (but I think she meant obstreperous; typo of British spelling?).

I, the Great & Wonderful Thoth, followed the rules and did pusillanimous.

M dutifully did quotidian.

No one did R

Isaac (for reasons known only to him) went back in time and did ostentatious, thereby fooling Jules into thinking we switched to a different set of rules.

So she, Jules, did odoriferous.

So where are we? What are the rules? If there are none then may I suggest "zoophile" (the less savory definition), since I know that the Minister's cat tends to get around.

-Thoth.

Then who will feed the turtles?

No, not all of us...

You, Julia did nefarious.

Then Brian, following the rules (heaven help me), did objectionable.

M, breaking the rules, did obstreporous (but I think she meant obstreperous; typo of British spelling?).

I, the Great & Wonderful Thoth, followed the rules and did pusillanimous.

M dutifully did quotidian.

No one did R

Isaac (for reasons known only to him) went back in time and did ostentatious, thereby fooling Jules into thinking we switched to a different set of rules.

So she, Jules, did odoriferous.

So where are we? What are the rules? If there are none then may I suggest "zoophile" (the less savory definition), since I know that the Minister's cat tends to get around.

-Thoth.

The minister's cat is a rule-breaking cat. :unsure:

In my own defense, I cite the appearance of nefarious at the end of a page, which misled the over-twitchy of fingers (myself, Isaac) to believe that "o" was still up for grabs.

You should have reached "z" by morning, unless Thoth's jumping there has already ended the game. (Does that mean you have to lash yourself 30 times with a wet noodle in Hase's hold? Is that not too rambunctious, rigorous, or reality-bending for words? :P)

Obstreperous, indeed, O Lord of Writing.

Signing off till tomorrow,

M

Archived